The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

A Shemp Howard T-shirt

Offline Moron4392

• Forever Shemp!!!!!!!!!!
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Busy Buddy: 

I would like to thank you for the information on bearprints and choice shirts about the "Fuelin' Around" and "Income Tax Sappy" shirts.  I did not know about them.  Thanks again.

Have yourself a great and Blessed Christmas and a wonderful new year.

Diane Hoekstra

Moron4392

Offline archiezappa

I'd also like an opening credits t-shirt with Joe.  Comedy III could sell sets of 3 opening credits t-shirts.  One with Curly, one with Shemp and one with Joe.  If they were smart, they could have these shirts coincide with the releases of the shorts on DVD.  I mean they just released the opening credits shirts with Curly in various colors.  When they release the first set of Stooges DVD's with Shemp, they need to make opening credits shirts with Shemp the same way.  And then, when the Stooges DVD's with Joe come out, they could make opening credits shirts with Joe.  This would be a great cross promotion.  Comedy III and Sony could help each other out that way. 

What it boils down to is this:  Those shirts would be COOL!

Offline Hammond Eggar

I'd also like an opening credits t-shirt with Joe.  Comedy III could sell sets of 3 opening credits t-shirts.  One with Curly, one with Shemp and one with Joe.  If they were smart, they could have these shirts coincide with the releases of the shorts on DVD.  I mean they just released the opening credits shirts with Curly in various colors.  When they release the first set of Stooges DVD's with Shemp, they need to make opening credits shirts with Shemp the same way.  And then, when the Stooges DVD's with Joe come out, they could make opening credits shirts with Joe.  This would be a great cross promotion.  Comedy III and Sony could help each other out that way. 

What it boils down to is this:  Those shirts would be COOL!

I like your way of thinking.  I love your idea of having the shirts coincide with the DVD release dates.  That's smart. ;)  One can only hope that Comedy III is reading this and taking notes. :-\
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline archiezappa

I would like to think that the people at Comedy III and Sony do read this board often.  If they don't, they definitely should.  We, here on this board, are their audience.  We are the consumers.  We are the ones they're trying to satisfy with DVD releases (Sony) and merchandise (Comedy III).  We are the ones that buy the DVD's and the t-shirts.  To know what to make or put out, they need to know their audience.  What better way to know their audience than to read this board. 

Offline archiezappa

I'd also like to see a t-shirt of Ted Healy & His Stooges.  I know there's some good pictures of Ted Healy with Moe, Larry & Curly.  I think that would be cool.  Would anyone else like a shirt like that?

Offline Moron4392

• Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Archiezappa:

I would like to agree with you it would be cool to have shirts featuring Ted Healy and His Stooges which were Moe. Larry, Shemp then Curly.  Actually it would be neat to have opening credits of everyone in their stage as a Stooge.

Moron4392 [3stooges]

Offline archiezappa

I also think that t-shirts with each individual Stooge (Moe, Larry, Curly, Shemp, Joe, Curly-Joe, Ted) would be cool, too.  You know, I think Comedy III ought to contact us and ask us what shirts we would want.  I'll admit that the parody shirts appeal to the younger crowd.  But the more seasoned (shall we say) Stooge fans would like something more original.  I wonder what it would take to legitimately make these t-shirts and sell them on your own.

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
I know they used to make T shirt makers for computers ( I had one that worked on Windows 98) that you just either scanned the picture in (it then printed it backwards to iron on forwards) or got the picture online and printed.

Robin

ThumpTheShoes

Problem with the iron-on transfers is that the first time you wash them, they're toast. Even just hand washing and careful air drying you get wrinkle-and-crack city, Arizona! The best way is to screen print them, but it's a time consuming process and the bits to make it would cost you more.

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead

ThumpTheShoes

You're supposed to wash them?

Only if the last time you went to the laundrette was October 10...1981! Then it's Wash Day!

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
Remember the T shirt shops back in the early 80's. They were the ones that you mentioned as well. Wash em a couple of times and the image fades and peels off. That's if they didn't screw it up in the first place while pressing it.  I worked security in a mall in the 80's and the shop there (Tee's for Two) (clever eh) used to have those books you looked thru. (don't remember any stooges but i'm sure they existed)  I worked one of those midnight Stooge showings at the theatre (looking for booze and such) and this was one of those old "BIG" movie place before they went to the sectioning to show more movies in the same venue.

I watched a bit of them myself , well it was free wasn't it (said in best Jack Benny voice and mannerism) and it was a Curlython.  I remember Ache in every stake, Punch drunks, Tassels in the air (one you don't see as much) and thats about all i can think of.  Sorry for venturing past the subject in post.

Comedy III take note, take care and take these suggestions into consideration for future projects.
There are six stooges you can promote and there IS a market for them.

"There must be some way to get that ring without getting in trouble with the censor"
(Shemp in Gypped In The Penthouse)   

Offline archiezappa

Comedy III take note, take care and take these suggestions into consideration for future projects.

I totally agree.  However, I would go on and say seven.  That is to include Ted Healy.  Imagine going around with a Ted Healy t-shirt.  Everyone would ask you who it is.  Talk about a conversation piece.  And it would be totally original.

Offline Hammond Eggar

Amen to that, brother! ;)
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline Moron4392

• Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Hey Hammond Eggar:

You are correct they should make a T-shirt for each of the Six Stooges (Shemp, Larry, Curly, Moe, Ted, and Curly Joe).  The Shemp T-Shirt I would like to see is the one from "Soup To Nuts" where they are on stage and Shemp is dressed like a "Big Baby Doll" and Larry is there in his cowboy suit and Ted is dressed like a clown and I cannot recall how Moe was dressed and Larry is starring into outer space getting ready to perform his classic dance "The Elevator Dance."

Please Sir have yourself the best of 2008 for you and your wonderful family.      ;D

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra    [pie]

Moron4392   

Moron4392@sbcglobal.net      [3stooges]