Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Stooges on On The Go

Offline falsealarms

I've seen some of this on the various DVDs but never to the extent of which this user has posted. You see Helen Howard, a young Paul and Joan etc.

PT 1:

PT 2:

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I've seen some of this on the various DVDs but never to the extent of which this user has posted.

Those two ON THE GO (1960) youtube videos are lifted from Legend Films' "Extreme Rarities" DVD, released earlier this year.

The NEW 3 STOOGES clips were edited into it by Legend, for the DVD; it did not air that way...

Legend made that ill-advised creative decision, under the mistaken impression that Moe referred to THE NEW 3 STOOGES, when he talked about the color live-action/animation television project; wrong film / wrong year.  Moe was actually referring to THE THREE STOOGES SCRAPBOOK (1960).

Offline falsealarms

Those two ON THE GO (1960) youtube videos are lifted from Legend Films' "Extreme Rarities" DVD, released earlier this year.

The NEW 3 STOOGES clips were edited into it by Legend, for the DVD; it did not air that way...

Legend made that ill-advised creative decision, under the mistaken impression that Moe referred to THE NEW 3 STOOGES, when he talked about the color live-action/animation television project; wrong film / wrong year.  Moe was actually referring to THE THREE STOOGES SCRAPBOOK (1960).

Clearly it didn't air that way. The Dickies commercial in there happened several years after this, for one thing.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
PT 1:

PT 2:

The host of ON THE GO, Jack Linkletter, died Tuesday 12/18 at age 70. Among his survivors are his father, radio and television host Art Linkletter, 95.

Wire services...
Broadcaster Jack Linkletter, 70, dies
Son of famed TV host

Jack Linkletter followed his father into broadcasting, hosting TV shows such as "Hootenanny" and specials like the Miss Universe pageant, before settling into the life of a businessman and art collector in the Dry Creek Valley.

Linkletter died of lymphoma Tuesday at his home near Cloverdale. He was 70.

He was the son of Art Linkletter, a one-time San Francisco radio host who became a broadcasting icon with "People Are Funny" and "House Party" on radio and television.

In addition to a successful broadcasting career of his own, Jack Linkletter was president of Linkletter Enterprises. He helped manage the family's business ventures, including real estate development, rental storage, and cattle ranches in Australia and Nevada. "If you don't do it as a family you lose it as a family," he said in an interview with The Press Democrat in 2004.

After settling in Sonoma County 11 years ago, he and his wife, Charlene, became familiar faces in art studios and galleries, building a large collection in their home, a Balinese longhouse inspired by visits to Indonesia.

He had been ill for about three years, but kept positive through all the treatments, his wife said. "He handled it with humor and grace," she said. "He just had a wonderful way of looking at things."

Born Arthur Jack Linkletter in 1937, he appeared on his father's show as a child in San Francisco. By age 15, he had his own interview show on CBS radio, soon followed by a program called "Teen Time" that featured records and stunts. He was attending the University of Southern California in 1958 when he began hosting an NBC-TV quiz show called "Haggis Baggis." A year later, he was hosting "On the Go," a daytime human-interest show in which he visited various locales for behind-the-scenes stories. "I hung under a helicopter and interviewed a family of mountain climbers that were in a 'spider's nest' under an overhang," he recalled. "I wing-walked while flying on an airplane around the Sears Tower."

Linkletter went on to host seven TV shows, including "Here's Hollywood," "America Alive!" and "Hootenanny," the 1963-64 ABC folk music show that was taped before a live audience at a different college campus each week. Along the way, he hosted the Miss Universe pageant, World's Fair events and major parades. He once joked that he got jobs "because my price is less than my dad's."

"He always did ad-lib shows just like me," Art Linkletter, 95, told the Los Angeles Times on Wednesday. "Sons of famous people have a tough time because they're expected to be as good as their dad right away."

It was young Jack Linkletter, the eldest of five siblings, who inspired one of his father's most famous routines: interviewing young children. "Dad had this wire recorder and he would do interviews with me every day," Linkletter said in the 2004 interview. "Or he would make up stories. He would say, 'OK. You're a fat lady on the 10th floor of a burning building,' and then he'd ask me questions and play them back on his radio show." Afterward, his father recalled, "Mail came in from all over Northern California, saying, 'What a wonderful thing it is to hear a little boy talking to his daddy,' and it struck me that there were no interviews with children as children; they were always professional children -- trained, coached and written for."

Despite his father's success and moves to places like Beverly Hills and the exclusive Bel-Air section of Los Angeles, Jack Linkletter said his family was insulated from the excesses of Hollywood. "I knew the Crosby kids and, just in my neighborhood, there was Hoagie Carmichael Jr. and Alan Ladd Jr. and Liza Minnelli," he said. "I don't want to characterize their lives but clearly the culture they grew up in was different from the one in our house."

Linkletter and Charlene, his wife of 14 years, moved to a 42-acre property outside Cloverdale 11 years ago. They had been living in Gualala, but fell in love with the area on a visit to Healdsburg for Charlene's birthday. They planned to go
bicycle riding, but after Charlene injured her back, they spent the weekend driving the backroads of the Dry Creek Valley. "I just said to him, 'Could you ever live here? I feel like I've come home,' " she said. They quickly made friends with neighbors, and Jack started a petanque club that grew to 32 couples. Yoga also was a passion for Linkletter and his wife, and both became certified instructors.

Linkletter was international president and international education chairman of the Young President's Organization, national director of the 4-H Clubs, a founding member of the board of governors of the Livestock Merchandising Institute, a presidential appointee to the National Council of the USO and governor of Phi Beta Kappa.

Linkletter's first marriage ended in divorce. In addition to Charlene, he is survived by his three children, Mike, Dennis and Laura Ann Rich; his parents; his sisters, Sharon Hershey and Dawn Griffin; and 11 grandchildren. Services will be private.