Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Shemp 1 sheet poster wanted

Offline stoogestats

Attention fellow collectors, what are Shemp 1 sheet posters selling for these days, does anyone have one for sale. I am looking to buy a poster in the $275-$350 price range, is that too low? Please tell me your opinion.

Curley91

That is a lot cheaper than some of the other lobby cards/one sheets that have sold on Ebay in the past.  Some of them cost around 5 grand.

Offline Waldo Twitchell

I think that's a bit low judging from what I've seen them go for on Ebay the past few years. I would say $600-$800 would be more like it but I did snag a 1-sheet of Scrambled Brains for just over $400 last year. It had considerable wear and tear but it wasn't linen-backed so I didn't mind. Gary Lassin would really be the guy to ask.

There's currently a Shemp one-sheet of Stone Age Romeos on Ebay offering a buy-it-now price of $495.00.
It's framed and doesn't appear linen-backed but you may want to ask the seller if you're interested.

-Waldo

Offline stoogestats

I must really be out of touch. I purchased my first Shemp 1 sheet for $115 (around 1990) and then won one a few years later at one of the 3 Stooges fan club conventions. I remember seeing some for sale at around $175 in 1994, I know because my friend bought one at that price from fellow fan club member Shaun Higgins who I believe stopped buying and selling Stooge stuff around that time. I have seen a few on ebay sell for $300-$400 in the past year but also saw popular titles like Brideless Groom sell for over $1000. I will continue my search, thanks everyone.