Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Loco Boy Makes Good Title Origination?

Offline locoboymakesgood

Well, given the fact that it's my username and one of my favorite Curly's I can't help but wonder where the hell the title originated from. A lot of shorts were a take on movies released at the time, but I couldn't help but notice that the site's page for the short has no mention of where it originated. Anyone have an idea? It's a unique name for a short, which is why I chose it as my handle here.. but it does have me thinking...

"Ohhhh... the cows were jumping about, as the wife made sauerkraut.."
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

ThumpTheShoes

There was a picture called "Local Boy Makes Good" from the early 30's, which is most likely the inspiration for the title. It is also an oft-used headline to introduce local interest news stories.

Boo-Ya!

Offline Waldo Twitchell

Interesting to know about the title origination. It's one of my favorite ones with Curly as well - hence the name Waldo Twitchell.

It's great when they break into song with those ridiculous lyrics.

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
The movie in question was 11 years old when the Stooges made their short ... so perhaps it was a bit of both - twisting a movie title and making fun of newspaper headlines.
Local Boy Makes Good info
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline FineBari3

Cool....a Joe E. Brown movie!

I never saw any of his films except Some Like It Hot, and I really enjoyed them when they showed some on TCM a while back.
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Monofletch

It's great when they break into song with those ridiculous lyrics.

What about the song...."We baked you a Birthday cake but if you get a tummy ache........"
Dewy Cheatem and How

If you had a dollar in this pocket...and a dollar in that pocket what would you have? Some one else's pants!