Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Disorder in the Court goof

Offline Waldo Twitchell

I just submitted a goof after viewing the new DVD transfer of this short. When Moe tightens Curly's head in the letterpress, you can tell it's a dummy head in the close-up shot.

Offline locoboymakesgood

I don't think that really constitutes as a goof since it's blatantly obvious in quite a number of shorts that dummies are used in place of the Stooges.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline skeit

I don't think that really constitutes as a goof since it's blatantly obvious in quite a number of shorts that dummies are used in place of the Stooges.

I've always wondered if it was a dummy or a stunt man in Restless Knights after Moe throws Larry onto the throne.  Not when he is swinging him, just the shot where he hits the throne.  I once accidently paused the movie just as "Larry" was landing on the throne and saw that it was obviously not him.  It's a pretty cool stunt that either had a very well trained stunt man or a very realistic looking dummy. 

Offline Waldo Twitchell

Yeah, good point locoboy. I've become so accustomed to the sub-par copies in my collection that I'm noticing all sorts of things in the new DVD set. For example, I never noticed the wires attached to the wheel of the letterpress in DITC (listed as a goof) until I got the new DVD.

Offline archiezappa

In the new DVD set, I noticed wires attached to the turn handle on the letter press.  I figured that would be the goof you were talking about.  Well, before I read the post.

Offline porcupinefan87

I still say the biggest goof from this short is - and my little sister loves to laugh at this - how blatantly obvious it is that the audio and Larry's lips do not match up on the overdramatic..."Oh my stradivarius! My beautiful stradivarius!" haha.
"Roses are red, and how do you do? Drink four of these and...woob woob woob woob!" - Curly, 'No Census, No Feeling'
------------
"Ehhh....money shrinks!!!" - Shemp, 'Don't Throw That Knife'
------------
"Even the comedians that make you laugh the hardest, have tragedies in their lives.  Laughter is all we have against the pain of life and death." - Larry Fine

Offline archiezappa

I still say the biggest goof from this short is - and my little sister loves to laugh at this - how blatantly obvious it is that the audio and Larry's lips do not match up on the overdramatic..."Oh my stradivarius! My beautiful stradivarius!" haha.

I always thought that was us hearing what Larry was thinking.  He was reacting by his facial expressions, but we are hearing what he is thinking.  I guess that's what I always thought of that.

xraffle

Yeah, that goof is very obvious. I've always noticed that.

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
I believe that Rubber Dummy Head is the same one attached to the body  that is supposed to be Shemp falling thru the roof  in Goof On The Roof.   I slo Moe'd it and it looks like Curly falling instead.

Robin