Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Spring Fever (1919)

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
Hello Again everybody,
while perusing (sp?) IMDb movie database I wrote in Shemp Howards film appearances and at the earliest listing is a 1919 movie entitled "Spring Fever". This movie also includes Moe Howard and Baseballs imortal Honus Wagner as credited leads. Nothing really other than that is listed. Anyone know anything about this movie?  Sounds like it might have been a baseball documentary or something of that nature.

Didn't see it listed on  this site (not anywhere I looked anyways) So lets figure out together what this is! And If this has been discussed before please forgive me.  I just wanna know what the heck this is. If there is any pictures or prints of this or just any information on it period.

Robin 

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
Okay, I wikied the film, and according to them it is a short comedy (not a comedy with short people mind you) released on June 29th, and starring comic legend Harold Lloyd. Also listed in this film is Stooges foil Bud Jamison.  It is a Hal Roach production.   Also in the short is someone named Snub Pollard (related or married to Daphne perhaps).

But it never mentions Shemp or Moe.  Now im more informed and less interested in it.

Robin

Offline FineBari3

Hello Again everybody,
while perusing (sp?) IMDb movie database I wrote in Shemp Howards film appearances and at the earliest listing is a 1919 movie entitled "Spring Fever". This movie also includes Moe Howard and Baseballs imortal Honus Wagner as credited leads. Nothing really other than that is listed. Anyone know anything about this movie?  Sounds like it might have been a baseball documentary or something of that nature.

Didn't see it listed on  this site (not anywhere I looked anyways) So lets figure out together what this is! And If this has been discussed before please forgive me.  I just wanna know what the heck this is. If there is any pictures or prints of this or just any information on it period.

Robin 

I know it was filmed outside of Pittsburgh, in Jeanette, PA.  I know the most information I saw on the film is mentioned in the 'Amalgamated Morons' book.
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
I reIMDbed it and it lists Two different films by that title in 1919. #1 is the Harold Lloyd one and #2 (or II as they list it) has Moe, Shemp and Honus in it. It does say Pittsburgh as a filming location for the Harold one and gives a description of that film. But nothing about the other one. So until I'm told something else i'm still gonna think has to be about baseball. Or it don't exist at all.  Please prove me wrong on this someone.

Robin