Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Looney Tunes DVD question

Offline Hammond Eggar

Do any of the current Looney Tunes collections include the cartoon, Bully for Bugs (1953), in which Bugs Bunny is a matador?  I'm considering buying one of the sets for my roommate, and that cartoon is one of his favorites.  If it is on one of the sets, could you post a link to Amazon.com, so it will be easier for me to locate it.  Thanks! ;)
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline Hammond Eggar

OK, I answered my own question.  That cartoon is on Volume One.  Thankfully, someone on Amazon posted the titles for this volume.  It's got some definite classics. :laugh:
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline locoboymakesgood

It's on the Looney Tunes - Golden Collection: Vol. 1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000AYJXS/

EDIT: Oh man, a second too late. :D
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline Hammond Eggar

It's on the Looney Tunes - Golden Collection: Vol. 1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000AYJXS/

EDIT: Oh man, a second too late. :D

Thanks anyway, Locoboy.  Here's a pie for your effort. [pie]

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
  • "I am Mattie Herring. Ah, my favorite dish!"
A question to those who own the DVD sets (Golden).

The Golden sets are the best ones to own correct?  Also, they have the cartoons in their original uncut length as well?
"Moronica must expand! We shall lend our neighbors a helping hand, we shall lend them two helping hands... and help ourselves to our neighbors!"  Moe Hailstone

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
The Golden sets are the best ones to own correct?  Also, they have the cartoons in their original uncut length as well?

"Looney Tunes Golden Collection"...
 - All cartoons from new digital transfers, the product of full restorations of the studio's original library negatives *
 - Uncut
 - The studio works with animation historians; notably Jerry Beck, who acts as contents and quality control advisor
 - Wherever possible, the original opening credits have been restored, in place of the "Blue Ribbon" re-release title cards (with the assistance of materials in collectors' film libraries and the estate of Tex Avery)
 - Hours of bonus materials in each set: rare footage, original recording session tracks, interviews, documentaries, new featurettes, audio commentaries, more...

* The scope and quality of WB's restorations is so costly (millions $/year) and labor-intensive, that budgets and time constraints limit them to approximately 60 toons/year; subsequently, each DVD box set is packaged with 60 toons.

xraffle

Also, they have the cartoons in their original uncut length as well?

There are some rumors going around that a couple of shorts on the Golden Collections are edited. I'm no Looney Tunes fanatic, so I can't verify that.

And until those DVDs go down to a reasonable price, which I doubt they would, I refuse to buy them.

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
Thats why they usually put out on the same release day those "Spotlight Collections" of looney shorts in conjunction with the Golden Collections. Which contain fewer discs of cartoons.

Although other than the first 2 of them I myself find them hard to find in stores. They probably don't want to hurt sales of the bigger volumes perhaps. But others may buy them due to their  lower price.

Robin

xraffle

Thats why they usually put out on the same release day those "Spotlight Collections" of looney shorts in conjunction with the Golden Collections. Which contain fewer discs of cartoons.

Although other than the first 2 of them I myself find them hard to find in stores. They probably don't want to hurt sales of the bigger volumes perhaps. But others may buy them due to their  lower price.

Robin

Yeah, I bought The Spotlight Collection Volume 1 only because that's all I'm able to find. I would get the other volumes but they're nowhere to be found.

Offline Hammond Eggar

The price is what makes me hesitant.  I thoroughly enjoy Looney Tunes, but right now, have others things just a bit higher on my list.  As for my roommate's Christmas gift, I opted to buy him a bootleg DVD copy of The Star Wars Holiday Special off Ebay.  He's a pretty descent Star Wars fan, so I know he'll enjoy it.  All I ask is that he lets me watch it, at least, once. ;)