Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Hour

Offline Hammond Eggar

I know that there are Looney Tunes fans who visit here, so I decided to post these clips for them.  I was born in 1972, so naturally, I grew-up on 1970s and '80s Saturday-morning network (ABC, NBC, CBS) cartoons.  Sometimes I get a bit nostalgic for those days.  Here are some moments from The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Hour.  The first is the show's musical opening.  Sorry about the captioning, but this was the best I could find.  A variation of this opening was running in the mid-1960s.  CBS was still using it when I was a kid.  Enjoy! :laugh:

[youtube=425,350]liHQ217pVVU[/youtube]

Here's the opening to the show's second half.
[youtube=425,350]TNaFSfTgyqY[/youtube]

And last, here's the 1968 closing to the show.
[youtube=425,350]34yZmS7ePgc&feature=related[/youtube]
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
  • "I am Mattie Herring. Ah, my favorite dish!"
I remember being young, and seeing a commercial for a Road Runner cartoon (forgot what special it ran on), but it said that the Coyote would finally catch the Road Runner.  Well, he did...but it was a lame catch.  Even as a child I thought it was stupid.  Probably when I first started to dislike television.   :D
"Moronica must expand! We shall lend our neighbors a helping hand, we shall lend them two helping hands... and help ourselves to our neighbors!"  Moe Hailstone

Offline Hammond Eggar

I remember being young, and seeing a commercial for a Road Runner cartoon (forgot what special it ran on), but it said that the Coyote would finally catch the Road Runner.  Well, he did...but it was a lame catch.  Even as a child I thought it was stupid.  Probably when I first started to dislike television.   :D

This question is for Moe Hailstone, or anyone else who wants to chime in.  I love the Coyote/Road Runner cartoons.  Which did you prefer, the regular cartoons or the ones in which Wile E. Coyote actually spoke, with a British accent, no less?  The fact that he had a British accent always seemed odd to me.  How about you? ???

BTW Moe Hailstone.  Here's the clip you mentioned.  I don't now how I missed it over the years, but apparently the Coyote did catch the Road Runner.  Here it is. :o

[youtube=425,350]KJJW7EF5aVk[/youtube]
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
This question is for Moe Hailstone, or anyone else who wants to chime in.  I love the Coyote/Road Runner cartoons.  Which did you prefer, the regular cartoons or the ones in which Wile E. Coyote actually spoke, with a British accent, no less?  The fact that he had a British accent always seemed odd to me.  How about you? ???

BTW Moe Hailstone.  Here's the clip you mentioned.  I don't now how I missed it over the years, but apparently the Coyote did catch the Road Runner.  Here it is. :o

Nice clip.  :)  I still get that feeling inside like I did when I was younger...but maybe that's because I expected the Coyote to eat the damn bird!  :D

I love the older cartoons.  All the violence and adult spoken humor is just perfect.  The newer cartoons during the 70's and 80's were good, but not as good as the classics.  I need to buy those DVD sets one day.   :'(

Having the Coyote speak was a bit weird, but since he was either talking to Bugs Bunny or to himself it was okay.

I used to dislike Peppe La Pew and Speedy Gonzalez as a child, but after watching them as an adult I only dislike Speedy...since I can understand what Peppe was up to.  ;)
"Moronica must expand! We shall lend our neighbors a helping hand, we shall lend them two helping hands... and help ourselves to our neighbors!"  Moe Hailstone

Offline Hammond Eggar

My favorites of all the Looney Tunes cartoons, are the Bugs Bunny/Yosemite Sam match-ups.  I especially love the cartoon in which Sam inherits a load of money, but has to control his temper in order not to lose any of it.  Classic!!! :laugh:

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
How many of us can sing along with that opening sequence from Bugs And pals. Always a treat to watch these and never get tired of watching them. Kinda like the Stooges.

Robin

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
My favorites of all the Looney Tunes cartoons, are the Bugs Bunny/Yosemite Sam match-ups.  I especially love the cartoon in which Sam inherits a load of money, but has to control his temper in order not to lose any of it.  Classic!!! :laugh:

I really enjoyed that one too.  Makes you wonder what he would sound like for an adults only cartoon.   ;D

I loved the violence as a kid, but never understood all the adult themes or humor.  Foghorn Leghorn was the best with all his spoken jokes.  That's why these older cartoons are so great.  Both kids and adults can watch and laugh.

Offline locoboymakesgood

I'm a huge Looney Tunes fan as well. One of my favorite episodes is when Bugs guest-starred in a Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner outing. Towards the end, when Wile E. was foiled..

Wile E. Coyote: Allow me to introduce myself. My name is mud.
Bugs: And remember, "mud" spelled backwards is "dum".

Another one of my favorites, besides "the little man from the Draft Board" with Daffy, is another Bugs Bunny that took place in the medieval days. I don't remember the conversation, but Bugs is like

"Rise, sir loan of beef."

And then hits the guy over the head with a sword. Classic.

I love the Golden Collections Warner has been putting out, since of course they're not on TV any longer..
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
My memory may be wrong since its been awile (e coyote!) since i've seen it myself but I think the episode is called "Rabbit Hood".  Hope this helps.

Robin

Offline Hammond Eggar

I really enjoyed that one too.  Makes you wonder what he would sound like for an adults only cartoon.   ;D

While I don't think that Yosemite Sam ever actually said a real curse word, Porky Pig did.  It's a fairly rare clip, but here it is.  Enjoy! ;)

[youtube=425,350]AgBABP2sg2k&feature=related[/youtube]

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
While I don't think that Yosemite Sam ever actually said a real curse word, Porky Pig did.  It's a fairly rare clip, but here it is.  Enjoy! ;)

[youtube=425,350]AgBABP2sg2k&feature=related[/youtube]

I've had the sound file for this, but I have never seen the video until now.  Thanks a bunch for showing it.  :D

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I've had the sound file for this, but I have never seen the video until now.

Excerpted from BREAKDOWNS OF 1939, the annual 1935 - 1944 Warner Bros. blooper reel, produced for screening at the studio's Christmas party. The reels were produced/edited by Termite Terrace (aka the Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies directors), featuring outtakes of WB stars like Pat O'Brien, Bette Davis, Humphrey Bogart, James Cagney, Olivia DeHavilland, Ronald Reagan, etc. Many bloopers were actually staged, but the majority were legitimate.

BREAKDOWNS OF 1939 is the only one to feature Looney Tunes animation, although the Looney Tunes theme music was used on each. Frank Tashlin wrote & animated that particular Porky Pig segment.

All the surviving BREAKDOWN reels are on DVD as bonus features; 1943 is reportedly missing from the WB vaults...
1935 - G-MEN *
1936 - BULLETS OR BALLOTS *
1937 - SAN QUENTIN *
1938 - THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD **
1939 - EACH DAWN I DIE *
1940 - CITY FOR CONQUEST *
1941 - THE MALTESE FALCON (3-disc SE) ***
1942 - ACROSS THE PACIFIC ***
1944 - PASSAGE TO MARSEILLE ***

DVDs also available in box sets...
* "Warner Tough Guys Collection"
** "Warner Legends Collection"
*** "Humphrey Bogart Signature Collection Vol. 2"

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I don't now how I missed it over the years, but apparently the Coyote did catch the Road Runner.

Syndicated as SOUP OR SONIC (1980).

Produced for the TV special BUGS BUNNY's BUSTIN' OUT ALL OVER (CBS 1980), one of the wealth of bonus features on this year's "The Looney Tunes Golden Collection Vol. 5."

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
The first is the show's musical opening. 
[youtube=425,350]liHQ217pVVU[/youtube]

Opening theme and animation was originally produced for THE BUGS BUNNY SHOW, which aired Monday nights on ABC 1960 - 1962. Modified slightly with interstatial segments, to adapt for the retitled Saturday morning series that launched in the mid-'60s.

The "Road Runner" theme was originally written & recorded for an unsold 1962 prime-time pilot THE ADVENTURES OF THE ROAD RUNNER; footage was later recycled into two 1965 theatrical cartoons. The complete pilot show was included as a bonus feature on one of the "Golden Collection" DVD collections.

History of Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies on TV
Ultimate Looney Tunes website