Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

My Three Stooges Speech

Offline busybuddy

I did my speech about the history of the Stooges today in my public speaking class. I taped portraits of each Stooge on the board as I discussed each set of stooges. I also had Movie Maniacs from the new boxed set playing on a TV which helped because I didn't need to make eye contact with my audience, they were all watching the movie! I started with my speech by asking who in the class had heard of the Marx Brothers, Laurel and Hardy, or Abbott and Costello, and about a total of 5 people raised their hand for each. When I asked who had ever heard of the Three Stooges, EVERY person raised his/her hand! And I am in a class of about 30 people of all races and genders, so I feel that is a very good sign that the Stooges aren't going away any time soon. [stooges]
I think Birdie will go for that!

Offline FineBari3

I did my speech about the history of the Stooges today in my public speaking class. I taped portraits of each Stooge on the board as I discussed each set of stooges. I also had Movie Maniacs from the new boxed set playing on a TV which helped because I didn't need to make eye contact with my audience, they were all watching the movie! I started with my speech by asking who in the class had heard of the Marx Brothers, Laurel and Hardy, or Abbott and Costello, and about a total of 5 people raised their hand for each. When I asked who had ever heard of the Three Stooges, EVERY person raised his/her hand! And I am in a class of about 30 people of all races and genders, so I feel that is a very good sign that the Stooges aren't going away any time soon. [stooges]

Good for you! Did the class enjoy it?  How did they like the Stooges; did they laugh at anything from the short?

Are you in high school or college?  I used to teach Social Studies, and I would integrate the Stooges into a lesson about the Depression.
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline busybuddy

I am in college, and everyone liked the short. A lot of people laughed at the part where they sneak into the studio lot with Moe posing as a photographer, and I heard one of the fellas in my class mumble something about the girls in the kissing scene being sexy. The biggest laugh came when I got to the Besser-era and I did my Joe Besser impression and they all laughed at the photo I used of him that was on the Winter 1994 Three Stooges Journal that was from Rusty Romeos.
I think Birdie will go for that!

stooged and confused

I was a college student back in the early 80's and I did my final exam paper on the Stooges. A 17 page tome that earned me an "A."

Lady: "What are you studying in college?"

Curly: "Music, songwriting and whatknot. Did you ever hear of 'Snow, Snow, Beautiful Snow?"

Lady: "Why, yes. Did you write that?"

Curly:  "No, I shoveled it."

Offline locoboymakesgood

Lady: "What are you studying in college?"

Curly: "Music, songwriting and whatknot. Did you ever hear of 'Snow, Snow, Beautiful Snow?"

Lady: "Why, yes. Did you write that?"

Curly:  "No, I shoveled it."
hahahahahahah

That's one of the best Curly lines.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline Hammond Eggar

I was a college student back in the early 80's and I did my final exam paper on the Stooges. A 17 page tome that earned me an "A."

Yeah, back in junior high and high school, I incorporated the Stooges into a couple of projects.  In junior high, probably 7th or 8th grade, I gave an oral book report on Moe's memoirs, Moe Howard and the 3 Stooges.  During my senior year in high school I was the entertainment editor of the school paper.  It was the fall of 1990, and I wrote a story about the history of the Stooges in recognition of the 60th anniversary.

Back during high school, we here in San Antonio had an independant TV station, KRRT, which used to broadcast the Stooges.  At one point during my senior year, the station dropped the boys from it's line-up.  I immediately started up a petition which I passed around school.  It was an attempt to get the Stooges back on the air.  I collected well over 100 signatures.  KRRT did return the Stooges back to the airwaves, but eventually dropped them for good.  Oh, well.  At least I tried. :-\
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline Hammond Eggar

When I asked who had ever heard of the Three Stooges, EVERY person raised his/her hand! And I am in a class of about 30 people of all races and genders, so I feel that is a very good sign that the Stooges aren't going away any time soon. [stooges]

That is great!  I can't tell you just how much that news fills my heart with joy! ;D
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)