Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Three Stooges Playing Cards ??????

Offline misty0143

Ive aquired a set of playing cards from I belive to be from the 40's.  They are a complete set and each card has the same individual photos of Larry, Moe and Shemp. Theay are in excellent condition.  Could anyone tell me more about these and possible tell me the value?  Thanks. ???

Offline stoogestats

I would offer you $500 for the set if you were selling it to me.

Offline misty0143

Thanks for the offer but several others have offered $1500.00 and up. :o

Curley91

Wow.  I had never knew of these before.  That sounds really interesting.  I'm not sure about the value, though.

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents.

ThumpTheShoes

[Shemp Laugh]I guess that makes the collective offer something along the lines of $1500.02![/Shemp Laugh]

SPLUT!
 [pie]

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
  • "I am Mattie Herring. Ah, my favorite dish!"
Wow.  I had never knew of these before.  That sounds really interesting.  I'm not sure about the value, though.

They sound cool, but very expensive.

I wonder if there are any cards that are made today with the Three Stooges on them?
"Moronica must expand! We shall lend our neighbors a helping hand, we shall lend them two helping hands... and help ourselves to our neighbors!"  Moe Hailstone

Offline garystooge

These card decks were printed for the Stooges, who used them as give-aways for friends, relatives, etc.  There are also decks with Curly and Curly-Joe as the 3rd Stooge. They were made in small quantities and are thus quite rare and valued today, especially a complete unused deck.
Gary

Offline misty0143

Do you happen to know the total made for give aways?  I figured they were very limited.  Thanks.

Offline garystooge

Offline JazzBill

They sound cool, but very expensive.

I wonder if there are any cards that are made today with the Three Stooges on them?
As a matter of fact, they do have some new decks of cards out. I received a deck for Fathers Day. I know they are new because they were made in good old China. I heard some of the toy's coming from China were coated with a chemical that is used to made the drug Ecstacy. I licked the cards to see if I would get a buzz, but all I got was a headache and a upset stomach. I guess my cards are the ones coated in lead paint.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline busybuddy

Are these the same cards that are in the merchandise chapter of the Three Stooges Scrapbook?
I think Birdie will go for that!

Offline busybuddy

where can I get these?

The playing cards mentioned above are almost impossible to find. But if you're just looking for a set of Stooges playing cards you can find them here.

http://www.soitenlystooges.com/item.asp?sku=SGDK4
I think Birdie will go for that!

Offline locoboymakesgood

they will be mine someday...
Well, first you gotta finish high school... then go to college... then get a $100k+ a year job... THEN maybe, maybe, you'll hit it lucky.

I'm halfway there and I still don't have these, so good luck sister! [3stooges]
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

moe-jo

ok.  is forensics a $100K+ job?  I should think so, I'm serving the public...