Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Enough to make you wince

ThumpTheShoes

I, personally, just can't wait to see a new Three Stooges picture, complete with rap music and, maybe if we're lucky, they'll resurrect the Smash Mouth hit, "All Star", for a grand finale! I'm whistlin' already!

Hoo, boy!

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
If the brothers are adamant about saying "it's gonna happen", then what are they waiting for? Why not make the stinker and get it over with?

(Possible Guess) the buzz of making the movie is more interesting than the movie itself.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline busybuddy

I used to think that The Farrelly's would do the Stooges justice, but the more I hear about this the more I want to give them both an eyepoke. The Stooges were never gross or used foul humor, yet every gag I've read about seems to be some cheap laugh that does not represent their classic style. In one article I read, they mentioned Moe, Larry, and Curly would split up after a big argument. Here's my problems with that:

1) Larry and Curly always took Moe's abuse and that was that. There was no remorse or any hard feelings towards him. Plus, I don't think Curly would be able to live without Moe's guidance.

2) In EVERY new buddy comedy being made today, the two pals get into a fight 3/4 of the way through and get back together at the end. That concept is so overused and would be totally out of place in a stooge comedy.

I also think bringing them into modern times would be a problem. The Stooges' appearance has to be suits and hats of the 30's-50's era. Can you imagine "Larry" wearing boot-cut jeans and an American Eagle t-shirt? Even janitors' uniforms would have to look like old times.
I think that if someone must make a Stooges movie, it should be an animated film along the lines of some of the ones we've been seeing recently. That way, the stooges could look exactly like the real stooges, and they could find people who could do the perfect voices. (BILLY WEST!)
This whole issue really isn't that big of a deal to me, but I just happen to have an hour to do nothing at the moment.
I think Birdie will go for that!

Offline falsealarms

These idiot producers need to wake up. Most diehard Stooge fans, likely their intended audience, want no part of this. It's a waste of everyone's time and money.

Offline archiezappa

I, personally, don't like remakes of old movies.  However, considering the Stooges' situation, this could be something important for us.  Let me explain.

I'm a fan of the Dukes of Hazzard.  Back in 2005, they had only issued the first season of the Dukes on DVD.  Then, that remake movie came out.  I have never seen it and I probably never will.  I've seen enough clips of the movie to convince me of that.  But the movie had a target audience, the younger set.  Yes, the teenagers loved it.  So, it was a very popular movie!  Since it was so popular, they decided to issue every season of the original series, uncut.  They even released the season with Coy and Vance!  I didn't think they would do that, but they did! 

I said all that to say this:  Let them make the movie.  Let them aim it at the younger people.  If it's promoted right and it's very popular, then they'll be clamoring for more material.  They'll issue all of the Three Stooges on DVD.  This would be the best thing to come out of a new movie.  Bringing the Three Stooges back into the public eye, just like they did with the Dukes Of Hazzard.

What do ya'll think?

Offline Hammond Eggar

Geesh! :o

Too bad Moe isn't around to give the Farrelleys a few bops and eye pokes.  I must admit to just a slight case of morbid curiosity when it comes to the Three Stooges film project.  Beyond that, I hope it doesn't get made at all.  When I heard the two directors describe a unrine-related scene I thought that takes-the-cake.  How pathetic! >:(
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline Hammond Eggar

I, personally, don't like remakes of old movies.  However, considering the Stooges' situation, this could be something important for us.  Let me explain.

I'm a fan of the Dukes of Hazzard.  Back in 2005, they had only issued the first season of the Dukes on DVD.  Then, that remake movie came out.  I have never seen it and I probably never will.  I've seen enough clips of the movie to convince me of that.  But the movie had a target audience, the younger set.  Yes, the teenagers loved it.  So, it was a very popular movie!  Since it was so popular, they decided to issue every season of the original series, uncut.  They even released the season with Coy and Vance!  I didn't think they would do that, but they did! 

I said all that to say this:  Let them make the movie.  Let them aim it at the younger people.  If it's promoted right and it's very popular, then they'll be clamoring for more material.  They'll issue all of the Three Stooges on DVD.  This would be the best thing to come out of a new movie.  Bringing the Three Stooges back into the public eye, just like they did with the Dukes Of Hazzard.

What do ya'll think?

You do make an interesting point.  A Three Stooges film, at the least, would generate interest and raise awarness for the boys and their films.  That alone is a good thing.  To draw yet another parallel, I'm a bit of a Doors fan.  I was a senior in high school back in 1991 when Oliver Stone's bio-pic was released.  Doors keyboardist Ray Manzarek has not had any kind words for the film.  As I read up on the Doors, through various books, I began to understand Manzarek's point, and why Stone's film was so flawed.  Yet, all that said, for a period of time, The Doors, and the hype surrounding it, did generate interest in the group's music, and in the life and work of Jim Morrison.

In the case of this new Stooges project, I just hope that anyone unfamiliar with the originals, who does go to see the new film, will forget about it after leaving the theater, and seek out the real deal on DVD.  That's the only good that can come from this proposed exercize. [pie]
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I think that if someone must make a Stooges movie, it should be an animated film along the lines of some of the ones we've been seeing recently. That way, the stooges could look exactly like the real stooges, and they could find people who could do the perfect voices. (BILLY WEST!)

I kind of like that idea, especially the Billy West part, as long as the storylines and humor were kept in the original Stooges style -- none of this Farrelly brothers' toilet humor crap!

Offline Hammond Eggar

I used to think that The Farrelly's would do the Stooges justice, but the more I hear about this the more I want to give them both an eyepoke.

What would make you think the Ferrellys would give us anything less than toilet humor?  There most popular film to date is There's Something About Mary.  It's most memorable joke was the one that involved hair gel.  If that's the directors' 'A' material, then all of us Stooges fans are in for a world of hurt if this film ever gets made. ::)