General Boards > Questions and Answers

Where to submit updates/corrections to filmography entries?

<< < (5/9) > >>

BeAStooge:

--- Quote from: jadler on June 25, 2012, 11:45:38 PM ---In the short, "Grips, Grunts and Groans" there is an error in the name of the person who played Kid Pinky.  It says this is "Herb Stagman".  Actually, my Great Uncle played the referee and his name is Herb Stegman (with and "e" not an "a").  I don't know who played Kid Pinky but it was not Herb Stegman.

--- End quote ---

Yes, we are aware of it.  The error was identified a year ago, but ThreeStooges.net's editing features were disabled at that time, and for the past year we've been unable to update the website.

In fact, Frank Reighter has just completed a mini-bio on your uncle Herb.  I believe Frank's been in touch with someone in your family, collecting some background info.

-  Tony Chavex, a pro featherweight boxer, played 'Kid Pinky'
 -  Herb Stegman was the wrestling referee

The wrestler, 'Ironhead', is currently unidentified.  Based on the casting of Chavex and Stegman, I'm inclined to think he was also a pro celebrity in the southern California area.  If there're any wrestling historians who can put a name to the face, please speak up...

shemps#1:
That almost looks like "The Golden Greek" Jim Londos, but I don't think that's him. I can try to see what I can unearth.

falsealarms:
I passed this photo along to Frank last week - for what it's worth, the description lists Tony Chavex.

http://www.glowimages.com/imagedetails/41608991/image_of_MBDGRGR_EC001_H.GRIPS%20GRUNTS%20AND%20GROANS%20Moe%20Howard%20Tony%20Chavex%20Curly%20Howard%20Larry%20Fine%20The%20Three%20Stooges%20%201937.html

And if you enlarge it, and look over Moe's shoulder, you can see a man sitting in the crowd that looks a lot like Sol Horwitz.

shemps#1:

--- Quote from: WooWoo on June 05, 2012, 07:32:52 PM ---HI THERE.

JUST STARTING THIS FORUM TODAY, AND FOUND THE THREAD THAT IS IMPORTANT TO ME.  AND THAT IS WHERE TO SUBMIT TRIVIA, LOCATIONS, INFO. ETC. MY PASSION IS FIGURING OUT  LOCATIONS OF SHORTS. LIKE THE THEATER AT THE BEGINNING OF "POP GOES THE EASEL" IS, (WAS) THE LARCHMONT. PLAYING ON THE DAY OF FILMING WAS "THE PAINTED VEIL" . TODAY, IT'S A BLOCKBUSTER VIDEO. ATTACHED TO THE NORTH END OF BLOCKBUSTER IS A SHARP PITCHED ROOF BUILDING (US BANK) WHICH WAS IN THE SHORT.  YOU CAN SEE IT BEHIND THE SHOULDER OF THE GUY (WILLIAM IRVING) THAT CURLY IS PANHANDLING (HIS KID'S  EATING ICE CREAM?)  I'LL STOP FOR NOW IN CASE I'M DOING SOMETHING WRONG.  [pie]

--- End quote ---

Please don't type in all caps.

BeAStooge:

--- Quote from: falsealarms on June 26, 2012, 02:54:32 PM ---... for what it's worth, the description lists Tony Chavex.

--- End quote ---

The photo description is wrong, and most likely is the result of info taken from past filmographies which incorrectly listed Chavex as the wrestler (e.g., The Three Stooges Scrapbook). 

Tony Chavex was a professional featherweight boxer and played 'Kid Pinky' in GG&G.

--- Quote ---you can see a man sitting in the crowd that looks a lot like Sol Horwitz.

--- End quote ---

Yes, the Stoogeum's archival staff found that Sol appearance last year.  It's one of hundreds of cast & crew additions/updates/corrections that have been sitting in limbo for the past year.

fyi -  Sol's row is not lit in the actual film, and although he is probably one of the shadowy figures you can see moving, he cannot be ID'ed.  He only appears via that publicity still.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version