General Boards > Questions and Answers

Where to submit updates/corrections to filmography entries?

<< < (4/9) > >>

FineBari3:

--- Quote from: WooWoo on June 05, 2012, 07:32:52 PM ---HI THERE.
 I'LL STOP FOR NOW IN CASE I'M DOING SOMETHING WRONG.  [pie]

--- End quote ---

Hello!  Thanks for the nice information on the locations.  Jim Pauley's series in the Three Stooges Journal is fantastic, and it has been my favorite part of it since he started!  I can't wait to see his book!

I just wanted to let you know, in the computer world, when one leaves the CAPS LOCK key on, it is taken as 'YELLING' (and also difficult to read).   [glasses9]

WooWoo:
      Hi. OK, I'll try to remember the caps thing. I've been typing with caps on  for years (and years  :laugh:) but for this forum I'll abide by the "computer world" . It's funny, I've never considered it to be yelling, or flaming, but about 7 years ago my brother said the same thing to me.  It has always been easier to type without using the shift key so much (but right now I'm doing OK)

On those journals, I did order one 3 days ago, I wished I could get them all just for the location part alone. I'm sure everybody knows already, but the theater that's in the background in "Hoi Polloi" is also the Larchmont. There's another short that shows a theater, Alvin Theatre, (it's spelled 'tre') where on the marquee it reads "Counterfeit" and "The Final Hour".    :-\   It's the one where Curly takes a ride from one side of the street to the other in a "midget" car. I'll have that answer today, unless somebody knows? Aha!! I have the answer now!!! It's "Dizzy Doctors" yep @ 7min 30 seconds in.

BeAStooge:

--- Quote from: WooWoo on June 06, 2012, 11:27:30 AM ---I'm sure everybody knows already, but the theater that's in the background in "Hoi Polloi" is also the Larchmont.

--- End quote ---

Detailed in The Three Stooges Journal # 101 (Spring 2002).  HOI POLLOI (1935) will be discussed thoroughly in Jim's book.

--- Quote ---There's another short that shows a theater, Alvin Theatre, (it's spelled 'tre') where on the marquee it reads "Counterfeit" and "The Final Hour".    It's the one where Curly takes a ride from one side of the street to the other in a "midget" car. I'll have that answer today, unless somebody knows? Aha!! I have the answer now!!! It's "Dizzy Doctors" yep @ 7min 30 seconds in.

--- End quote ---

Not a real Los Angeles location.  All of the DIZZY DOCTOR (1937) "downtown" scenes were done on the Columbia Ranch backlot in Burbank.  The Ranch will also be explored extensively in the book.

WooWoo:
Thank you for that info, especially about the 'Alvin Theatre'.  What caught me off guard was the listing of those two movies, I checked them out on the IMDB and the timing was correct, release dates, cast members, etc. Those streets are also too perfect in every respect, no oil or staining of any kind, tire marks, general 'patina' at all. I wish I could buy all of the journals (I did order one) but I can't for now, maybe when I win the lotto!!! HA  [woot]

jadler:
In the short, "Grips, Grunts and Groans" there is an error in the name of the person who played Kid Pinky.  It says this is "Herb Stagman".  Actually, my Great Uncle played the referee and his name is Herb Stegman (with and "e" not an "a").  I don't know who played Kid Pinky but it was not Herb Stegman. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version