Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Marjorie White

Offline Hammond Eggar

I always enjoyed Marjorie White, the actress who appeared with the Stooges in Woman Haters.  It's such a shame that she died so young.  Some believe that, had she lived, she might be remembered today as one of the biggest female comedy talents of her era, up there with the likes of Carole Lombard and Clara Bow.  I haven't had the fortune of seeing her other work.  With Youtube, however, that has changed.  Here is just a brief glimpse of the talent that was Marjorie White.  Enjoy! ;D

Here's Marjorie, with Bert Wheeler, in 1933's Diplomaniacs.
[youtube=425,350]UsnvYMJwqEI[/youtube]

While I'm not sure the source of this clip, I believe it's probably from the 1929 film Happy Days.
[youtube=425,350]gRv2r3BmL2k[/youtube]
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline locoboymakesgood

Hey thanks for posting that. I always wondered what she was like in other roles. Didn't she die in a horrible car crash not long after Woman Haters?

I have to admit.. when I was younger I always had a crush on her. She was a babe.. haha
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
  • "I am Mattie Herring. Ah, my favorite dish!"
It's sad to see people die at an early age.  She was only 31.  She looked much younger in "Woman Haters" though.
"Moronica must expand! We shall lend our neighbors a helping hand, we shall lend them two helping hands... and help ourselves to our neighbors!"  Moe Hailstone