Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Stooges help sell milk and chocolate?

Offline Hammond Eggar

I found this milk commercial from 1986.  It includes some clips of the Stooges.  As a person who grew-up in the '80s, I must say that I don't recall this spot at all.  Oh, well.  Here it is for you to enjoy.

[youtube=425,350]KYxmvMc5zZQ[/youtube]

I do, however, remember this Hershey's Chocolate commercial from 1987.

[youtube=425,350]Ii1_y50lknQ[/youtube]
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
  • "I am Mattie Herring. Ah, my favorite dish!"
Being born in 1973, I watched a lot of TV during the 80's and I don't recall this commercial at all...and my memory of old commercials is pretty good.

There was Popeye, Little Rascals, Laurel and Hardy, The Stooges of course, and Betty Boop.  Weird combination to advertise milk with.   ???
"Moronica must expand! We shall lend our neighbors a helping hand, we shall lend them two helping hands... and help ourselves to our neighbors!"  Moe Hailstone

Offline skeit

I don't remember this either.  I do remember Louis Armstrong and Groucho pimping out Diet Coke with Paula Abdul and Elton John.

Offline Hammond Eggar

I don't remember this either.  I do remember Louis Armstrong and Groucho pimping out Diet Coke with Paula Abdul and Elton John.

Here's the Diet Coke commercial featuring Paula Abdul with Groucho Marx, Cary Grant and others.

[youtube=425,350]B9_Yjt9XYxo[/youtube]

Here's the commercial featuring Elton John with Humphrey Bogart, Louis Armstrong and James Cagney.

[youtube=425,350]qjYXQdhO_oo[/youtube]
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
I remember the Paula Abdul and Elton John commercials...even though I wish I didn't.   ;)
"Moronica must expand! We shall lend our neighbors a helping hand, we shall lend them two helping hands... and help ourselves to our neighbors!"  Moe Hailstone

Offline skeit

I remember watching that commercial with my 80 something great aunt who said, "My goodness, Cary Grant still looks good." 

Offline Hammond Eggar

I remember the Paula Abdul and Elton John commercials...even though I wish I didn't.   ;)

What about the Hershey's ad?  Scroll back up to my original post.  I added it there.  It, too, features a clip of the Stooges. ;)

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
What about the Hershey's ad?  Scroll back up to my original post.  I added it there.  It, too, features a clip of the Stooges. ;)

I remember this one...that song was horrible!  I used to dislike it as a kid, and now some 20+ years later I still dislike the music.   ;D

The part used looks like it came from "Disorder in the Court".  I didn't know that as a kid though.  I would see the Stooges and think "Cool".   8)

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
I remember them.
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline Hammond Eggar

I remember them.

Is that a good or bad thing? :-\

stooged and confused

I remember all of those spots but the first one. If I'm not mistaken, those came about after the Fred Astaire vacuum cleaner spot was a hit. Then everyone jumped on the blue screen band wagon and beat that concept into the ground!

Offline locoboymakesgood

I grew up in the later 80s/early 90s and I don't remember any of those commercials. The only Stooge related one I can recall is that MasterCard one from the late 90s.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline jrvass

• Birdbrain
Is that a good or bad thing? :-\

That I can remember?

Offline Hammond Eggar

That I can remember?

Yeah!  I guess if you liked these ads, then it's a good thing you can still recall them.  Otherwise, it would be a bad thing.  That was the point to my question.  It didn't sound as if anyone else actually liked these commercials.

Offline Hammond Eggar

OK, here are three more computer-generated ads featuring John Wayne and Audrey Hepburn.  Check out the second Coors ad with "The Duke."  R. Lee Ermey always seems so intimidating whenever he portrays a drill sergeant.  Yet, next to John Wayne, he seems like a pussycat.  Go figure! :laugh:

John Wayne #1 (Coors)
[youtube=425,350]j0UyzI-Isig[/youtube]

John Wayne #2 (Coors)
[youtube=425,350]8slpQyQZUYk[/youtube]

Audrey Hepburn (The Gap)  The dance sequence used here is from the film Funny Face.
[youtube=425,350]RN3yhC-_JFY[/youtube]

Offline locoboymakesgood

I completely forgot about those John Wayne Coors commercials. Mid-90s, I think?
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline jrvass

• Birdbrain
Yeah!  I guess if you liked these ads, then it's a good thing you can still recall them.  Otherwise, it would be a bad thing.  That was the point to my question.  It didn't sound as if anyone else actually liked these commercials.

I guess the only thing I liked about the commercials was that they brought back memories of the various performers.

And that's not a bad thing... it's why we are here.

James