Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

columbia logo

Offline Sadistic Stooge

I notice on some Shemp shorts that the Columbia logo will be shown before the short starts with no music. I just wanted to know , was that put in for TV or is that the way all the Shemp Shorts were started and  Joe's as well ?

One Shemp short you can see on what I'm talking about is Dopey Dicks  (on the hapless Half-Wits DVD )

It's Driving Me CRAZY !!!!!

ThumpTheShoes

I'd like to know, myself! Although, I could guess the Columbia logo preceded all shorts right up through the end of the Joe's-- except the two 3-D shorts.

Along with many of the later Shemps, I've seen this widescreen-friendly logo precede Pies and Guys and Oil's Well That Ends Well when on TV (years ago, I might add):

But, I've only ever seen the Screen Gems Television logo for the rest of the Joe's. The Besser Shorts were shown theatrically, here in my hometown, in the late 70's. None had a Columbia logo at the start, at least when shown here.

Offline Sadistic Stooge

as alway thanks ThumpTheShoes for your help , I guess no one else here know what I'm talking about :(

xraffle

as alway thanks ThumpTheShoes for your help , I guess no one else here know what I'm talking about :(

I know. I just don't know what to say. Why one version of a short has that logo while some others don't is beyond me.

Offline Sadistic Stooge

I check the hapless Half-Wits DVD again and not just Dopey Dicks but Brideless Groom & Beer Barrel Polecats Both have that Columbia Logo W/ no music at the beginning . I'm Thinking then thats the way they were shown originally, but got cut out over the years for TV. Do you think like the hapless Half-Wits DVD they will put the Columbia Logo back at the beginning when the 1945 Shorts with Curly come out and with all the Shemp Shorts as well ? Not to sure if it was at the beginning of Joes shorts .