Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Writers' Strike

Offline Hammond Eggar

Here's a piece explaining why the writers in Hollywood are on strike.  I haven't yet mastered how to post a Youtube video straight to this page, so I'm posting a link instead.

Why We Fight
[youtube=425,350]oJ55Ir2jCxk[/youtube]

This whole thing got me wondering something.  I know that residules is a sore subject among the families of the Stooges themselves.  That said, I'm curious as to how the writers of the Stooges' films and shorts, and their estates, have faired over the years.  The Stooges have been rebroadcast on TV since the late-1950s, and have been featured on numerous VHS tapes and DVDs.  What, if anything, do the writers and their estates receive from these things?  Can anyone here elaborate on this subject? ???
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 08:41:30 PM by Dunrobin »
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Hammond ... here's the quick-and-easy way to load a video direct to TS.net ...

simply enclose the video "code" (the characters that follow after the "watch?v=" portion)
in this:  {youtube=425,350]oJ55Ir2jCxk[/youtube}
                                    "video code"
 except you should replace the outer braces with brackets, just like the inside ones. I only changed the outside brackets so that the instruction would be visible in the post, instead of the software thinking I was attempting to post a video. That's it, and your video will be available for your TS buddies to view and enjoy immediately.

The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I took the liberty of inserting the video for you, Hammond, and Giff has already explained how to make them appear.  There is also a handy button on the toolbars when you are posting, that looks like this:

It's the third icon from the left on the row just about the smileys.  When you click on the icon it will insert the following:

Code: [Select]
[youtube=425,350] [/youtube]
Just put the video's id code (the part on the right, following "youtube.com/watch?v=") in between the tags and you should be good to go!   ;D

Offline Hammond Eggar

OK, this is me testing out the Youtube feature.  Thanks for all the help guys.

[youtube=425,350]oJ55Ir2jCxk[/youtube]
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)