Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Two Goofs In "Gypped In the Penthouse"

Offline locoboymakesgood

I just finished watching "Gypped In the Penthouse", and noticed two goofs not on the list.

First, after Shemp knocks Moe off the bed, as Moe scrambles to get up his gun accidentally goes off without sound FX. If you look closely you can see a spark come out the front of the barrel.

This second one may classify as a goof, or maybe not. Towards the end of the fight with Shemp, Moe, and Larry, the camera pans back to Charlie gathering himself and Moe hitting Larry. If you notice, Moe slaps Larry's face twice with both hands, but you don't hear anything - just light taps. Someone forgot to put the sound FX in during post-production. ;)

I know this is one of the more rare shorts, but anyone care to confirm? ;D
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

ThumpTheShoes

Oddly enough, I do have this short so I decided to give it a spin!  :angel:

First, after Shemp knocks Moe off the bed, as Moe scrambles to get up his gun accidentally goes off without sound FX. If you look closely you can see a spark come out the front of the barrel.

I don't see a spark coming from the gun, but I do see the knocked-over lamp give a really bright flash and go out. At that point in the soundtrack there's a slightly muffled "K-Powwww" mixed in the ruckus of the bed and Moe's struggle. Now, whether that sound is the actual bulb breaking and going out or not I dunno.

This second one may classify as a goof, or maybe not. Towards the end of the fight with Shemp, Moe, and Larry, the camera pans back to Charlie gathering himself and Moe hitting Larry. If you notice, Moe slaps Larry's face twice with both hands, but you don't hear anything - just light taps. Someone forgot to put the sound FX in during post-production. ;)

Definitely a goof and a BIG one! Porcupine gets slapped no less than five times on camera without the benefit of sound effects. If I had thought about it, I could have fixed that before you got it!   :laugh:

-Th

Offline locoboymakesgood

Thanks a lot, Thump. Atleast I found one.

I'm glad you didn't fix it. I don't want my Stooges Lucasized haha
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)