Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Stooge goof from GOOF ON THE ROOF?

Offline Fake Shemp

Right when Moe tells Larry and Shemp to get to work while he says he will fix himself another sandwich and Shemp says "I hope ya choke" I hear some background sound, like a couple of crew members in the background talking before the director says "Cut" or something, just before Shemp slips on the bar of soap again. Can someone verify this? Or was it just one of the Stooges talking in the background?

ThumpTheShoes

Confoimed!

The voice says, "Go ahead." No doubt, a piece of off-camera direction for the shot of Shemp's foot on the soap.

-Th

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
  • "I am Mattie Herring. Ah, my favorite dish!"
I just watched this one last night on tape...didn't catch the voice though.  Maybe it was edited out?

I love this episode.  When Moe hits himself and says to the TV part "Just for that you don't go in there!"...priceless.   8)
"Moronica must expand! We shall lend our neighbors a helping hand, we shall lend them two helping hands... and help ourselves to our neighbors!"  Moe Hailstone

Offline Fake Shemp

OK thanks for the verification. Looks like we found another stooge GOOF in "The ROOF"! Haha get it?

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
Classic Shemper, The whole episode for me is one great gag after another. I too love Moes line when he talks to the TV and says "Just for that you don't go in there". Also the line between Shemp and Moe "wait a minute Moe that thing costs a hundred bucks" (refering to the picture tube) (Moe) "So it does, Here's something for free" as he starts boping Shemps nose over and over. (Just in time to see Larry swiss cheesing the wall).

Anyone else here remember the PC game  Stooge Invaders? It was a takeoff on Space Invaders but you had MLC or MLS heads that you could slap and they would say one liners from Stooge comedies. You could slap or throw a pie and the heads would desend down and you would lose if they reached the bottom. Started out with the "Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine Dr. Howard" sequence from Men in Black and then the Three Hellos as the curtain opened to the classic title screen (complete with Comedy III copyright?) 1997 is the date on the credits. Can't remember now who made this up except it showed him as a boy with a hose at the end.    Someone made it up to run on Windows 95. and last time i played it it worked on XP as well.
haven't tried to work it on Vista yet.  I think i'll go try and see if it works.

I Fleecem

Offline locoboymakesgood

Classic Shemper, The whole episode for me is one great gag after another. I too love Moes line when he talks to the TV and says "Just for that you don't go in there". Also the line between Shemp and Moe "wait a minute Moe that thing costs a hundred bucks" (refering to the picture tube) (Moe) "So it does, Here's something for free" as he starts boping Shemps nose over and over. (Just in time to see Larry swiss cheesing the wall).

Anyone else here remember the PC game  Stooge Invaders? It was a takeoff on Space Invaders but you had MLC or MLS heads that you could slap and they would say one liners from Stooge comedies. You could slap or throw a pie and the heads would desend down and you would lose if they reached the bottom. Started out with the "Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine Dr. Howard" sequence from Men in Black and then the Three Hellos as the curtain opened to the classic title screen (complete with Comedy III copyright?) 1997 is the date on the credits. Can't remember now who made this up except it showed him as a boy with a hose at the end.    Someone made it up to run on Windows 95. and last time i played it it worked on XP as well.
haven't tried to work it on Vista yet.  I think i'll go try and see if it works.

I Fleecem

I used to play the Cinemeware game for the NES all the time when I was younger. Of course it was impossible to beat, so I never did.. but I always had a lot of fun "playing" Punch Drunks, throwing pies, getting money out of clam soup, and hearing the Stooges voices in a video game! I remember when the game starts, the Boys come in off screen and are in front of the Ghostbusters II logo. Then Larry, from Three Little Pigskins, says "Hey this looks like a kid's game!". Then Moe replies with "You imbeciles!" and slaps Curly and Larry. I always loved that bit. They re-released it for the Game Boy Advance a couple of years ago. I should see if I can come across a copy and try and beat it. I haven't played it in a good 5 or so years, so  I guess it's worth another shot. :D
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline Fake Shemp

I used to play the Cinemeware game for the NES all the time when I was younger. Of course it was impossible to beat, so I never did.. but I always had a lot of fun "playing" Punch Drunks, throwing pies, getting money out of clam soup, and hearing the Stooges voices in a video game! I remember when the game starts, the Boys come in off screen and are in front of the Ghostbusters II logo. Then Larry, from Three Little Pigskins, says "Hey this looks like a kid's game!". Then Moe replies with "You imbeciles!" and slaps Curly and Larry. I always loved that bit. They re-released it for the Game Boy Advance a couple of years ago. I should see if I can come across a copy and try and beat it. I haven't played it in a good 5 or so years, so  I guess it's worth another shot. :D

Haha yeah, I remember playing that game. I was never able to get the ending where the Stooges make enough money to wed the three daughters though; I should try playing it again. I think I remember playing the GBA version, but what sucks about that version IMO, is that the trivia only asks you one question and you get $500 for that. I liked the other one better where you get $200 for each correct answer of the three questions asked. That gives you more questions at once. Also, in the NES version notice that Curly says in the beginning screen "Hey fellas, we're in the wrong game!". That was obviously someone else providing the voice for Curly during that line because I don't seem to recall him saying that in any of the Stooge shorts.

Offline locoboymakesgood

Haha yeah, I remember playing that game. I was never able to get the ending where the Stooges make enough money to wed the three daughters though; I should try playing it again. I think I remember playing the GBA version, but what sucks about that version IMO, is that the trivia only asks you one question and you get $500 for that. I liked the other one better where you get $200 for each correct answer of the three questions asked. That gives you more questions at once. Also, in the NES version notice that Curly says in the beginning screen "Hey fellas, we're in the wrong game!". That was obviously someone else providing the voice for Curly during that line because I don't seem to recall him saying that in any of the Stooge shorts.
Ah yes, of course! I remember Curly saying that in the beginning.. whoever did the impression did a pretty good job for an 8-bit rendition.

I never got enough money for anything! I came close one time to the minimum amount (I think was $10,000?) but never actually did. I should look on YouTube to see if anyone has the ending. I always wanted to see them marry the daughters.

That's one game I'd never get sick of. I always had lots of fun playing it. I remember during the hospital game where you picked up the crosses, an instrumental version of Swingin' the Alphabet was in the background.

Haha, ah memories.

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
That NES game was very hard to win.  I'd always get some money, but never enough to complete the game.  I have it on the GBA now, and maybe I'll give it another try to reach the final reward.  :)
"Moronica must expand! We shall lend our neighbors a helping hand, we shall lend them two helping hands... and help ourselves to our neighbors!"  Moe Hailstone

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
I was about 200 dollars away from $5,000!  So aggravating!

I didn't know this, but three versions of this game exist (NES and beyond).

NES version (original opening)
Playstation version (better sound and different opening)
Game Boy Advance version (same as Playstation, but with worse sound)

The money seems to be different on all three versions, as are the controls for some of the games.  I'd rank them like this (best to worst) in gameplay:

Game Boy Advance
Playstation
NES

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
The Playstation version has codes that let you see the endings.  I took some screen shots and made a GIF showing you what each ending looks like:

Best-

Over $15,000 so you save the Orphanage and it gets rebuilt.  You also marry the three daughters.

Good-

Over $10,000 so you save the Orphanage and it gets rebuilt.

Okay-

Over $5,000 so you save the Orphanage, but it doesn't get rebuilt.

Bad-

Under $5,000 and the Orphanage doesn't get saved.

Offline locoboymakesgood

Well I'll be. I've been waiting 18 or 19 years for that ending.

Thanks!!

Offline Fake Shemp

Cool! Thanks for the animation, Hailstone.

I think it would have been more appropriate (and funnier) if, in that best ending possible, Curly falls victim to one of the daughters who actually turns out to be REALLY ugly!!! Just like in the other Stooge shorts that every third stooge would succumb to. Just my opinion.

Offline fwdstuck

I have found a another goof with the roof. When larry steps on the control knob with his left foot and twists his ankle. He starts to grap his right foot and then goes to his left.

Offline porcupinefan87

haha...that seems something Larry would do.

I also think that in "half shot shooters"...when the guy decks him in the eye...it seems they blacken the OTHER eye.

another cute bit where Larry sort of "catches himself" is in "Pop Goes The Easel"...when they're in drag...he gets introduced and goes to tip his hat, but realizes that's wrong, and does the little girly hello. haha.
"Roses are red, and how do you do? Drink four of these and...woob woob woob woob!" - Curly, 'No Census, No Feeling'
------------
"Ehhh....money shrinks!!!" - Shemp, 'Don't Throw That Knife'
------------
"Even the comedians that make you laugh the hardest, have tragedies in their lives.  Laughter is all we have against the pain of life and death." - Larry Fine

Offline Double Deal Decker

I'm not sure if this is from "Goof On The Roof", but I also like the bit where the boys are working in someone's house and Shemp starts to paint around a radio. Which leads to the following:

Moe, (to Shemp),..."Hey, Imbecile !!! MOVE the radio."

Shemp,................."OH!! Move it."

Larry, (to Moe ),....."Stupid, ain't he?"

Moe,   (to Larry),...."Look who's talking."

Just cracks me up every time. :laugh:

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"

Offline Double Deal Decker

"Gents In A Jam." Right. My error, (as Moe often said !!). :D