Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Child Actors & the Stooges.

Offline Hammond Eggar

The recent passing of actor Sonny Bupp of Cash and Carry has got me thinking again of the child actors who worked with the Stooges.  Of course, many of them were just babies/toddlers at the time, and probably don't remember much of the experience of working with the Stooges.  That said, the recent actress reunion has me thinking.  Why not a child-actor reunion? ???  The following is a list of actors I'm interested in.  If you have any information on them that would be appreciated.  Are any of these people still alive?

Joyce Gardner - Little Jimmy Collins in Sock-a-Bye Baby
Jackie Jackson - Young boy in Three Loan Wolves
David Windsor - Junior in Baby Sitters' Jitters

Plus, what about the baby in Mutts to You?  The filmography here didn't have a listing for this person.  Gary Lassin's comments in the thread about Sonny Bupp has me thinking that Jackie Jackson is no longer alive.  Can anyone pass along any information about these actors/actresses, please?  Thank you. ;)
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline skeit

Nice idea, Hammond.  What about Harry Watson from Punch Drunks, I'd imagine he'd be in his 80's if he's still living and the baby from Uncivil Warriors (a very memorable "extra")?

Offline garystooge

Hammond-
We don't know what happened to Jackie Jackson or the others you mentioned, that's why my original post said that Bupp was the last one, "as far as we know".  The others could still be around but we haven't been able to locate them, dead or alive.

Skeit-
Harry Watson from "Punch Drunks" passed away on 6/8/01 at age 79.
Gary

Offline Hammond Eggar

Hammond-
We don't know what happened to Jackie Jackson or the others you mentioned, that's why my original post said that Bupp was the last one, "as far as we know".  The others could still be around but we haven't been able to locate them, dead or alive.

Skeit-
Harry Watson from "Punch Drunks" passed away on 6/8/01 at age 79.
Gary

Thanks for the info, Gary.  I thought Harry Watson had already passed on, which is why I didn't include his name in my list.  Out of curiosity, is it possible that some of these babies, such as those seen in the shorts Mutts to You and Sock-a-Bye Baby, were actually the children of cast or crew members?  I've always wondered this. ???
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline McSnuff20

I was thinking there had to be another kid actor with the stooges but you guys just about covered it. You even got the kid in Punch Drunks who throws the Cracker Jacks at the hand bell.

Offline McSnuff20

Just thought of something. In maybe Nutty But Nice of course there's the girl who wants her daddy and they bring him back but also in one when they are pursued by a cop in either Nutty But Nice or No Census No Feeling and running down the sidewalk they run through a hop scotch game and the two little girls are the stooges' kids.

Offline Hammond Eggar

Just thought of something. In maybe Nutty But Nice of course there's the girl who wants her daddy and they bring him back but also in one when they are pursued by a cop in either Nutty But Nice or No Census No Feeling and running down the sidewalk they run through a hop scotch game and the two little girls are the stooges' kids.

The hopscotch game featuring Moe and Larry's daughters is from the 1935 short, Pop Goes the Easel.  As for the girl with the kidnapped father, that's the short Nutty But Nice.  When I originally posted about Stooges child actors, that little girl completely slipped my mind.  Thanks for the reminder. ;)