Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Stooges-related radio/audio interviews wanted

Offline Hammond Eggar

I am interested in collecting audio and/or radio interviews from any and every person related to the Stooges.  Years ago, Gary Lassin was kind enough to send me a cassette of a radio interview of Morris Feinberg, Larry's brother.  It aired on Boston radio station WBZ.  I'd love to find more things like that, but I don't know where to start.  I also don't know how many interviews exist.  Here are the types of people I'm interested in, interview-wise.

1) The Stooges themselves
2) Family members (i.e. Joan & Paul, Janie, Lyla Budnick, Gary Lassin, Jean DeRita etc.)
3) Supporting players (i.e. Emil Sitka, Adam West etc.)
4) Directors/Producers (i.e. Ed Bernds)
5) Authors being interviewed to promote a Stooges book
6) Any audio from Three Stooges conventions/fan club meetings (i.e. banquet entertainment, Q&A sessions, etc.)

The only stipulation is that, in the case of someone such as Adam West, the interview has to be predominantly about the Stooges.  I probably wouldn't enjoy sitting through an hour-long interview for just a few minutes or less about the Stooges.  Right now I'm just testing the waters to see what type of stuff exists, and how much it will cost me to obtain copies.  It would probably have to be for money, but I'd be willing to trade for what little I do have.  Here's a list of a few things I own.  I have a CD-Recorder and would be willing to make copies.

1) The Three Stooges Sing Six Happy Yuletide Songs (The Rhino reissue)
2) Snow White and the Three Stooges soundtrack LP
3) Madcap Musical Nonsense (A friend taped his copy of the LP.  I later transfered it to CD)
4) The Nonsense Songbook LP on vinyl.  I also own the CD reissue of the album.
5) As mentioned before, I do own a mid-80s radio interview of Morris Feinberg, in which he promotes his book Larry, the Stooge in the Middle.  It aired on Boston radio station, WBZ.
6) The 1991 Three Stooges Convention banquet.  I attended that year and took along a small tape recorder.  I recorded the comments made by such attendees as David "Curly" Knight, Ted Healy II and Suzanne Kaaren from Disorder in the Court.  I also have all of Paul "Mousie" Garner's banquet performance, as well as Knight and fellow Stooge impersonators Ken Heath and Billy West cutting up.  I also captured the audio of two TV news broadcasts about the convention.  The whole thing is a treat to hear, even if you weren't in attendance.

So, can anyone help me track down more Stooge-related audio and/or radio interviews.  I appreciate the help. [pie]
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I'm very interested in this subject as well.  I'd like to add a "Radio Appearances" feature to the Stooge Info section, but I don't have any data for it.  If there's info on any Stooges radio appearances, I'd like to know.  ;)

Offline Hammond Eggar

I'm very interested in this subject as well.  I'd like to add a "Radio Appearances" feature to the Stooge Info section, but I don't have any data for it.  If there's info on any Stooges radio appearances, I'd like to know.  ;)

That's another angle entirely, Dunrobin.  I was thinking of interviews, but early radio appearances would be fun to hear, as well.  I know Joe Besser made some guest appearances on various radio shows, such as The Jack Benny Show.  I really don't know much more than that.  I would need to do some further research, but it would be worth it. ;D
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline stoogestats

For years I posted ads in the bulletin board section of the Three Stooges Fan Club Journal looking for audio/video. Sometime around 1991 I was able to obtain some pretty good ones from a fan in California. Since them a few of those have been used on a 3 Stooges DVD but I do not believe all of them have. I sent my tapes to Florida to have a company put them on CD for me. If you like I can provide you with a copy of that CD. I also have the Moe Feinberg radio interviews on CD.

Offline Hammond Eggar

For years I posted ads in the bulletin board section of the Three Stooges Fan Club Journal looking for audio/video. Sometime around 1991 I was able to obtain some pretty good ones from a fan in California. Since them a few of those have been used on a 3 Stooges DVD but I do not believe all of them have. I sent my tapes to Florida to have a company put them on CD for me. If you like I can provide you with a copy of that CD. I also have the Moe Feinberg radio interviews on CD.

What audio interviews do you own?  If you have stuff on CD, I'd love to hear it.  I just need to know what it exactly is that you have.  Thanks for the help. ;)

Offline stoogestats

i have a few interviews with moe and larry taken from the radio in the 1970's
a fan in california sent them to me on audio tape around 1990
a couple of years ago i had them put on cd
i am without a computer until friday, lost all my info so will be starting over again
i will look at the tapes and let you know
i remember radio host ed bush in dallas and i believe bruce conn were two of them
i will send the tape to you, just need your address
contact me via e-mail.