Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Who would you like to see play the Stooges?

Offline Pipes Clogged With Wires

I agree with the other posters that said that the TV movie about the Three Stooges was dissapointing, to be kind. But hypothetically speaking were the Farrelly brothers or someone else to make a new Stooge movie set in the present day, who would you like to see play them? I have thought about this off and on for a while, and can't seem to think of anyone. I thought Chris Farley might have been a good Curly before he passed away, but other than that I'm drawing a blank. Any thoughts?

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
No one.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Pilsner Panther

Moe: Moses Horwitz
Larry: Larry Fine
Curly: Jerome Horwitz
Shemp: Samuel Horwitz

I have no opinion at all on who should play Joe B. and Curly Joe— Louie Anderson might make a good Besser, though.

::)

Offline Pipes Clogged With Wires

To answer my own question, I think I've found my Moe. I was watching Conan O'Brian last week and Robin Williams was the guest. He was like always, quick witted and rapid fire with the quips and jokes. The fact that he is able to think on his feet and does not need to work from a script 100% of the time qualifys him for me. Also he is getting a little older now and as such is not quite as much the perpetual motion guy he was when he first started out.

Offline Curly Q. Link

I agree with Shemps#1 and Pilsner.  No one could play the stooges, and no one should play the stooges. Thats the problem with todays movie makers, they're busy turning the classics into pieces of crap when they could be making an original movie for once.

titmouse

Good question....and its kind of like asking who we would like to have play the beatles.......The Stooges are like one of a kind, and any attempt to have them portrayed would be a let down i suppose. :P

Offline stoogesarepimp

Too many people try and remake old classic tv shows and movies.  Almost always the origonal is better.  No one is even close to the stooges.
Go view my friends Three Stooges message board at http://stoogesboards.proboards55.com/index.cgi

Offline ProfessorStooge

A little while ago, I said the only actors who could perform the Stooges' comedy were the Stooges themselves. So I will answer this question the best I can. Here is who I think should play them: David Paymer as Larry, Jack Black as Curly and Bill Murray as Moe.

Offline McSnuff20

No one can play Moe, Larry and Curley-Curly!  That's all I have to say.  They were funnier than anything and even though people have tried to copy their antics it just doesn't work.  Curley was a comedic genius and their timing and humor was unique.

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Although I think it is a useless effort on the Farrelly Brothers part, I would view ANY Stooge movie they produced, no matter WHO plays Moe, Larry or Curly ... just so I can comment on them before YOU GUYS who refuse to watch it!
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Myren

i agree. no one can replace the stooges. they are too identifiable. that's why with all this technology they should just digitally put the real stooges in a film. ok that is a half joking comment there.

CURLYFAN

The TV movie about The Three Stooges was OK but the actor who played Larry Fine IMO was a dead ringer for Larry including the voice.

Nobody should play the 3 Stooges on the big screen as I am sure the cast would be horrible like what they did with"The Honeymooners" movie, what were they thinking ?????

Offline shemp317

Nobody should have even attempted to play the stooges in the first place.

Offline Pat

• Porcupine
  • The picture actually looks like me.
I don't think there is anyone who could do justice to the stooges either. For one thing, most everybody is too tall. They would have to shoot it like they did for the dwarves and hobbits in The Lord Of The Rings.  However, the fellow who played Curly in the T.V. movie would make a passible Joe DeRita.
                                                                 ???
Pat

CURLYFAN

NOBODY should play the 3 STOOGES but sooner or later it is bound to happen so here is what I came up with.

After a long thought process and some research I have the following actors cast as the 3 Stooges

Michael Chiklis as Joe DeRita.
Louie Anderson as Joe Besser
Evan Handler as Larry Fine

As for Moe, Shemp  and CURLY, well I am still trying to figure out who I think should play them but I am sure the Moe and Shemp characters will be easier to cast than CURLY.

Offline Myren

first i would like to say they should not make a moive, but if they do they should use all the "big name " stars in supporting rolls and find guys that look dead on like the stooges. no-names if you will. but it just has bad idea written all over it... and in color? but then again that is just me.

Offline DJEvelEd

James Gandolfini as Curly
Sam Lloyd as Larry (Scrubs's Ted)
Jack Nicholson as Shemp
Danny Devito as Curly Joe
Larry David as Emil Sitka
Britney Spears as Joe Besser

Offline busybuddy

Charlie Sheen as Moe
Jon Lovitz as Larry
??? as Curly

Or if you want be hip:
Ben Stiller as Moe
Owen Wilson as Larry
Jack Black as Curly
I think Birdie will go for that!

Offline 2reelers

Billy West is my choice for Larry. As for Moe and Curly, I would suggest unknowns who know how to act. Otherwise, a good make up artist like Rick Baker could pull it off (I could buy that I was watching Bela Lugosi in "Ed Wood", so who knows).

It's possible that it could be entertaining if done right (but that isn't likely).

Curley91

Moe - Dennis Miller
Larry- Rob Schneider
Curly - Jack Black

Or how about David Spade???????