Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Moe and Shemp at a swimming pool party?

Offline falsealarms

I have no idea what this is or when it was from. Though "USC" makes me think it was filmed at USC? But I have no clue about this. The best parts seem to be around 1:30 and 5:00, but watch all of it.

[youtube=425,350]lwC8bZM2A2M[/youtube]

Offline garystooge

This is 1929 Fox Movietone newsreel footage that was discovered in the mid-1990s and reported on in detail in "Three Stooges Journal" #76 (Winter 1995). It was shot at Coney Island in New York, and we believe it was during a day off from the Boys' appearance in "A Night in Venice".  It is believed that the girls were chorus girls from the show.  This footage pre-dates "Soup to Nuts" and is the earliest film footage of Moe & Shemp that has been discovered to date. The reason why Larry & Ted are not seen is still a mystery.
Gary

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I have no idea what this is or when it was from.

Information on this film can also be found in the Filmography, page 1, under the listing FOX MOVIETONE NEWSREEL.

Offline Justin T

Information on this film can also be found in the Filmography, page 1, under the listing FOX MOVIETONE NEWSREEL.

Thanks for the info Gary and Brent!

Wow, thats awesome someone put it on YouTube to find. I just watched
the whole clip, Moe and Shemp were Stooging it up at the pool, slaps and all!
There is a neat part where the girls and Moe try push Shemp into the pool and
he fights for deal life, if I remember correctly wasn't one of Shemp's phobias of water?

This is very cool stuff
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
Great Film, Always nice to see new (old) Stooge footage, especially with Shemp. Love the ending where Shemp and Moe are directing the girls dancing and singing along with them.

Wonderful, Thanks for sharing this/finding this.

I Fleecem   

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
Falsealarms,

I think it is a copy of film 399 in the USC archives.

Purely speculation on my part. But digital clocks didn't look that good or that accurate at the '68 or '72 Olympics telecasts.

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!