Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The 3 Stooges & Halloween

Offline Hammond Eggar

I'm curious.  Is anyone here planning on doing anything Stooges-related for Halloween?  I had planned to dress-up as Larry.  I figured I could probably find a mask or wig that could be altered and passed-off as Larry Fine.  In high school I altered a plastic mask and went as Larry, complete with a long clown's tie.  Well, I had been scowering the various costume places with no luck whatsoever.  Then my roommate suggested a place which is actually within walking distance of our apartment.  I couldn't have been happier.  Just as I was about to leave the store in disappointment, I stumbled upon real Three Stooges rubber masks.  They had masks of Moe, Larry and Curly.  I ended up buying the Curly mask, since it's easier to impersonate Curly, what with all his catchphrases and manerisms.  I am so excited to be going as Curly for Halloween.

That night I'll probably visit my parents and help pass out candy at their house.  Since I'll be Curly, I'm considering setting up my laptop on our front porch as part of the decorations.  The laptop would be playing some spooky Stooges shorts such as Spook Louder, The Ghost Talks and Shivering Sherlocks.  As trick-or-treaters arrive, they can enjoy some Stooges, as well.  Perhaps I'll throw in a feature such as Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein.  Who knows!?!  At any rate, what will you be doing this Halloween?  Anything Stooge-related?  I'd love to read about your plans. [pie]
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline locoboymakesgood

Ah, you're lucky. I've never seen any Stooges rubber masks. I was Oliver Hardy for Halloween when I was a kid, and that was a bitchin' costume - it came with an overcoat, rubber mask, and a derby. People could tell who I was!

A bet a Curly costume must look pretty intense. Care to take some pics of the mask for us?
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline Hammond Eggar

Ah, you're lucky. I've never seen any Stooges rubber masks. I was Oliver Hardy for Halloween when I was a kid, and that was a bitchin' costume - it came with an overcoat, rubber mask, and a derby. People could tell who I was!

A bet a Curly costume must look pretty intense. Care to take some pics of the mask for us?

Below is a link to Soitenly Stooges' page where they are selling the same masks.  As I mentioned before, I bought a Curly.  Between the October 30th release date for the new DVDs, and Halloween with my Curly mask, next week is soitenly going to be poifect!  N'yuk, n'yuk, n'yuk! [pie]

http://www.soitenlystooges.com/search.asp?type=subcategory&category=58&refer=1&gclid=CIzUvdrxrY8CFQscQgodNUNeSw

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)