Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Just became aware of "ROBOTIC STOOGES"...

Me 'n' the kids were at this pizza place where they have cartoon channels going on a TV in the corner.  At one point my son points out to me that they're playing a "ROBOTIC STOOGES" cartoon.  Up until then I'd never heard of this, so it caught my interest.  I couldn't hear the audio much (I was later surprised to find out that Moe & Curly were voiced by well-known voice actors), so I just watched the video for a while.  And I could only shake my head at how many light-years away from the real thing this was... Whew!
"Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day." -- Samuel Goldwyn

The people who have your best interests at heart...
...are generally not the ones telling you whatever you want to hear.

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
Yeah, those would show up on Boomerang (a cartoon network spin off that actually used to be good at one time-sound familiar?) As fillers between shows (since they had no commercials in between (remember those channels?) Hard to know when they would be on since they just showed up anytime and don't know if they still show em or not. Boomerang used to show old 40's-70's good cartoons but then starting showing 80's-90s crap, kind of like VH1 Classic used to be good as well.

I Fleecem

ThumpTheShoes

I haven't seen those for probably 25 years and I do remember looking forward to and enjoying them on Saturday morning. However, this is all I remember from the cartoons:

Larry says, "Oh, oh! It's 0-0-0!" Then a projector pops out of one of them.
The letters M, L and C collapsed on one another to segue between scenes.

One day I may get the opportunity to revisit these. Odds are I'd hate 'em, but I dunno... I'm one of those weird sorta ducks who likes the DeRita pictures. Ergo, I may actually like 'em!

-Th

Offline locoboymakesgood

Me 'n' the kids were at this pizza place where they have cartoon channels going on a TV in the corner.  At one point my son points out to me that they're playing a "ROBOTIC STOOGES" cartoon.  Up until then I'd never heard of this, so it caught my interest.  I couldn't hear the audio much (I was later surprised to find out that Moe & Curly were voiced by well-known voice actors), so I just watched the video for a while.  And I could only shake my head at how many light-years away from the real thing this was... Whew!
My guess is you were dining at CiCi's Pizza, the buffet place that has TVs on.. always - and I mean always - on Boomerang. They're just filler, but yeah it used to be a better channel..

The only thing I remember about CiCi's (besides the all-you-can-eat buffet) is Boomerang, haha.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
It's most likely that you were watching "The Three Robonic Stooges", a late '70's series that ran for one season produced by Norman Maurer. Someone at YouTube has in the recent past posted one of the eps, but it was quickly removed due to copyright concerns.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
  • "I am Mattie Herring. Ah, my favorite dish!"
I really enjoyed this cartoon when I would watch Boomerang on occasion.  Maybe they will release them all on a DVD?

Weird seeing CiCi's mentioned here.  I didn't know that it was that popular outside of Arkansas...
"Moronica must expand! We shall lend our neighbors a helping hand, we shall lend them two helping hands... and help ourselves to our neighbors!"  Moe Hailstone

Offline Hammond Eggar

I really enjoyed this cartoon when I would watch Boomerang on occasion.  Maybe they will release them all on a DVD?

Weird seeing CiCi's mentioned here.  I didn't know that it was that popular outside of Arkansas...

First off, I agree that it would be nice to see a DVD issuing of The Three Robonic Stooges.  I'd certainly buy that.  As for CiCi's Pizza, I don't know if it's in every city/state, but I can tell you that we have them in San Antonio, Texas. [pie]
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline moelarrycurly3

I have been checking out Boomerangs schedule for over a year to get all the episodes of the Robonic Stooges. http://schedule.cartoonnetwork.com/servlet/BoomerangServlet?action=selectBMDay  I have managed to get all of them except Dimwits and Dinosaurs. Just check out the link above, they are on almost every day. You'll have to really look because they are used as fillers. So brush up on the episode titles and you'll get all these before you know it!

Offline locoboymakesgood

Oh it's not a nationwide chain. I lived in Florida for a brief time in 2005, and when I was broke CiCi's was the place to be - great food at a great price. I think it's predominantly in the South..

I live in California now and I've never seen it here, nor have I seen it in any other state - and I've traveled the country extensively.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline busybuddy

There's a few Cici's Pizzas in Indiana. I don't know about everywhere, but the one near me is terrible. But I bet the other ones are okay.
I think Birdie will go for that!

Offline busybuddy

Speaking of cartoon Stooges, Scooby Doo Meets the Three Stooges is on Boomerang OnDemand this month.
I think Birdie will go for that!