Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Metaldams's Youtube music pick of the week

Offline metaldams

Ah yes, you guys are getting a new weekly feature which you all must look at or I'll cry like a baby.

My first pick is from Irish rock legends Thin Lizzy, fronted by one of my all-time musical heroes, Phil Lynott.  This is a later performance from 1983, as Lizzy broke up that year and Lynott was dead three years later from you know what.  The song is "Still In Love With You," a rock-blues ballad which has one of my favorite vocal performances and guitar solos.  Enjoy! 

[youtube=425,350]dRf-vGVNsBc[/youtube]
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Ah yes, you guys are getting a new weekly feature which you all must look at or I'll cry like a baby.

My first pick is from Irish rock legends Thin Lizzy, fronted by one of my all-time musical heroes, Phil Lynott.  This is a later performance from 1983, as Lizzy broke up that year and Lynott was dead three years later from you know what.  The song is "Still In Love With You," a rock-blues ballad which has one of my favorite vocal performances and guitar solos.  Enjoy! 

At first read, it appeared you said "This is a tater performance from 1983" ... wow!

It's always nice to view something from these guys that isn't "The Boys are Back in Town".
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline metaldams

Funny thing about that.  I was on itunes recently and saw a playlist they made for 70's one-hit wonders, and of course Thin Lizzy was on there for "The Boys Are back in Town," a good song, but NOT close to their best.  The fact Thin Lizzy only had one hit (in America, in the UK they were much bigger), speaks more about the taste of the American public than Thin Lizzy themselves.  A great band with a good catalog of albums and songs who had a frontman who completely wasted his life away, like so many others. 
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

My name is metaldams, and while I will not always be posting metal, this week I must.  Everybody check this out, metalhead or not, as it's Iron Maiden performing "Fear of the Dark" in 2001 from their ROCK IN RIO DVD.  Headlining the festival of the same name in front of 250,000 Brazilians, I literally get chills everytime listening to that crowd sing along with all the melodies.  I also saw this tour and it was pretty awesome.

[youtube=425,350]L2s9r2HKB7U[/youtube]
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

I've posted so much entertaining junk that I figured it's time I post something good.  My favorite Bob Dylan song, "Lay Lady Lay."  Enjoy.

[youtube=425,350]K0fAgVPU1FQ[/youtube]
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
While waiting for Lily, Rosemary, and the Jack of Hearts I was detained by an Idiot Wind that made me get all Tangled Up in Blue, and it was then I realized that by a Simple Twist of Fate that You're a Big Girl Now, and if you only Meet Me in the Morning I could give you Shelter From the Storm.

... How Does it Feel?! ...
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.