Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Sonny Bupp, 79

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Stooges-researcher Bill Cappello sends along the news that Sonny Bupp died Nov. 1, at age 79.  Sonny costarred with the Stooges in CASH AND CARRY (1937), and will always be best-remembered for his role in CITIZEN KANE (1941).

This is the only notice I could find right now, for Sonny Bupp. It's extremely brief and no mention of his movie career.

From the Las Vegas Review Journal:

Published November 07, 2007.

BUPP, MOYER

MOYER BUPP Moyer MacClaren Bupp, 79, of Henderson, died Nov. 1, 2007. He was a retired automotive warehouse manager and served in the U.S. Army during World War II. He is survived by his wife, Theresa; and stepchildren, Renee, Mark and Michael Titus. Memorial at 4 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 7, at Palm Mortuary, 7600 S. Eastern Ave. Graveside will be at 11:20 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 13 at SNVMC.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/obituaries/individual_display.jsp?obitID=3002480

Offline garystooge

With the death of Bruce Bennett earlier this year, as far as we know, Bupp was the last living male actor who appeared in a Stooges film with Curly.
Gary

Offline Hammond Eggar

With the death of Bruce Bennett earlier this year, as far as we know, Bupp was the last living male actor who appeared in a Stooges film with Curly.
Gary

Oh, my gosh.  Reading that, Gary, makes Bupp's passing even sadder. :'(  With all the recent talk of the actresses who held a reunion, I had been wondering about some of the child actors, such as Bupp, who had worked with the Stooges.  I was wondering why no one has tried to reunite any of them or, at the least, track them down.  I was glad to read on IMDb that Bupp was still alive.  Well, things certainly have changed, haven't they?  He was great in Cash and Carry.  I'm not sure where this short ranks among fan favorites, but I've always loved it.  It was one of the earliest shorts I remember seeing as a child, and the first short on the first VHS tape of shorts I ever recorded.  Bupp will surely be missed.  R.I.P. Sonny. :'(
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline locoboymakesgood

Ah, that's a real shame. Guess he went to management after a brief stint in acting..

RIP.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)