Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Larry Fine 105th Birthday Weekend 10/5-10/6

Linked Events

• Larry Fine Birthday Party: October 05, 2007 - October 06, 2007

Offline BeAStooge

Larry Fine's 105th birthday will be celebrated the weekend of October 5 - 6 in Philadelphia.

Friday October 5
Join an informal gathering of fans at Jon's Bar & Grille, 3rd & South Streets, for happy hour and dinner. Jon's resides in the original structure that was the Feinberg home and Larry's birthplace.

8PM a "Best of Larry" film festival at Moore College of Art, 20th & Race Streets, sponsored by Philadelphia's Secret Cinema. The film schedule is tba, and 6 shorts are tentatively planned. A fan will present a special visual and audio presentation of his 1974 visit with Larry at the Motion Picture Home.

Saturday October 6
10AM - 5PM... Open House at The Stoogeum, Springhouse, PA.
Special presentation in the Stoogeum's theatre will include...
 - "Newly Discovered Color Footage" (see the Summer 2007 issue of The Three Stooges Journal for details).
 - Larry's niece Phyllis Goldbloom will talk about growing up with her Uncle Larry.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 09:31:44 AM by BeAStooge »

Offline Justin T

Is anyone here from the board going to Philly to attend this next weekend? Right now I'm planning
on going so I was just curious If I would get the chance to meet anyone either at the short showing
at the Moore Theater or on Sat at the Stoogeum. I also hope to go have dinner at Jon's Bar and Grille
too.
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline JazzBill

Is anyone here from the board going to Philly to attend this next weekend? Right now I'm planning
on going so I was just curious If I would get the chance to meet anyone either at the short showing
at the Moore Theater or on Sat at the Stoogeum. I also hope to go have dinner at Jon's Bar and Grille
too.
I'm going. I'll be there for all of it. Look for a skinny old man , bald headed, with a brown beard, with Illinois license plates. That will be me. I'm hoping to ride my bike out there, but if the weather is shitty I'll drive a car.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

ThumpTheShoes

I'm going. I'll be there for all of it. Look for a skinny old man , bald headed with a brown beard from Illinois.

But where'd you come from?!

Yeah, I need sleep, now. Sue me!

-Th

Offline locoboymakesgood

If I was still back East I'd be there. Hopefully we get to see pics!
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline JazzBill

But where'd you come from?!

Yeah, I need sleep, now. Sue me!

-Th
I was in the process of fixing my sentence structure when you posted.

Offline Justin T

I'm going. I'll be there for all of it. Look for a skinny old man , bald headed, with a brown beard, with Illinois license plates. That will be me. I'm hoping to ride my bike out there, but if the weather is shitty I'll drive a car.

Cool, who knows we may run into each other! I'm 5'11 with glasses, dark hair and brown eyes.
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

"Studio Stoops"

Offline garystooge

Hey JazzBill and Justin....if you guys are hoping to meet up you should probably make better plans since I'm expecting a couple hundred people to attend and chances are you won't simply "bump into each other".  In any case, if nothing else, make sure you stop by the Stoogeum office and introduce yourselves to me.
Gary

Offline JazzBill

Gary might be right. I'll be going to all three things. The bar and grill, the movies at Moore College, and the Stoogeum. If we bump into each other, it'll probably be at Jon's or Moore College. I'll keep an eye out for you. ( No wise-cracks Thump, no I don't have a glass eye ) I'm guessing that picture on your posts is you. Either that or there's a Stooge I didn't know about.  The weathers supposed to be nice so I'll be riding out there. Just look for a biker looking guy.

ThumpTheShoes

Offline Justin T

Gary might be right. I'll be going to all three things. The bar and grill, the movies at Moore College, and the Stoogeum. If we bump into each other, it'll probably be at Jon's or Moore College. I'll keep an eye out for you. ( No wise-cracks Thump, no I don't have a glass eye ) I'm guessing that picture on your posts is you. Either that or there's a Stooge I didn't know about.  The weathers supposed to be nice so I'll be riding out there. Just look for a biker looking guy.

Ha, I wish that pic was me.  :D  It's a picture of actor Bruce Campbell, most famous for the Evil Dead movies among
other things. I've been a fan of his for years, I actually got to met him in person once when he visited my college.
I have an autographed copy of his autobiography If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B-Movie Actor
that I recieved that day.

Anyhoo, I'll keep my eyes open for you. I'm hoping to attend all 3 events also, depending on when my father and I leave for
Philly, I'm about 5 to 6 hours away in NY state.

BTW thanks for the heads up Gary, I look foward to meeting you in person.
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

"Studio Stoops"

Offline JazzBill

Now thats funny !!!! I don't have a clue on who Bruce Campbell is, but I always wondered why the hell you had a picture of yourself there. I just figured you had a big ego.I like you better already.