Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Larry's 105th Birthday

Offline sgt ladylove

Good evening!  I know it's been forever and an age since I've logged on.  It sure is nice to be back!

I was wondering if anyone was going to be in Philly for Larry's 105th birthday get-together this weekend?

You may have read it in a stooge newsletter, but here's the info:

Larry Fine's 105th Birthday to be Celebrated

The fan club will hold an "open house" on Sat, Oct 6th to help commemorate Larry Fine's 105th birthday.  The event will take place at the fan club's HQ, "The Stoogeum" in Spring House, PA from 10am to 5pm.

In addition to socializing with other fan club members, some of the activities that we anticipate include film screenings, special presentations in the Stoogeum's theater and other surprises.  Dealer tables will be set up in the lobby so that fans can purchase Stooges memorabilia.

We will also try to get some of Larry's relatives who live in the area to stop by.  And of course, viewing the vast array of Stoogeabilia on display at the Stoogeum will be an integral part of the day.

While there are no formal dinner arrangements as of our press date, it is anticipated that some members will informally gather that evening at a local eatery, or perhaps make the trip to Jon's Bar & Grill (Larry Fine's birthplace) at 606 South 3rd Street in Philadelphia, to continue the celebration.  This of course, is the location of the world-famous "Larry Mural" by David McShane which overlooks the corner of 3rd and South Sts.

The rest of the article is regarding hotel accomodations, but my husband and I plan to be there!  :D  Didn't know if I could expect to see anyone else!

Jen

Offline Justin T

Yeah, the information about this was posted a few months ago. It's in this thread
http://threestooges.net/forums/index.php?topic=1780.0

I am planning on going with my father, and another posted Jazzbill has said he's going too.
I'm really looking foward to it, esp seeing the Stoogeum.
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"