Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

False information

Offline fansince8

Okay, so I'm watching the Three Stooges on On Demand, right? And the idiots said that Shemp was the technical first stooge out of him, Curly, and Tiny Ray. Talk about your false information, we all know that Shemp came second after Curly had his unfortunate stroke. Who else thinks that it's just rude to give out false information?

xraffle

Boy, you certainly didn't do much reading on the stooges. Shemp came in first when the stooges worked with Ted Healy. Then, Shemp quit and Curly replaced him. When Curly had a stroke, Shemp replaced Curly.

Offline fansince8

It's still uncompleted information, because they never said anything about that xraffle.

xraffle

It's still uncompleted information, because they never said anything about that xraffle.

"Still" uncompleted information? You never said anything about that. You said it was "false" information.

Offline metaldams

First off, who the hell is Tiny Ray?  Second, Shemp was the first third Stooge, period.  There's nothing uncompleted (sic) about that information.
- Doug Sarnecky

xraffle

First off, who the hell is Tiny Ray?

I was asking myself that exact same question.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
What's so confusing? Shemp was first, then he left and was replaced by Curly. He later rejoined the act after Curly's stroke.

What the hell kind of word is "uncompleted"?
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Pilsner Panther

I was asking myself that exact same question.

A Google search on Tiny Ray turned up this:

http://www.rodeoattitude.com/main/tiny_ray.htm

But he looks a bit too young to have worked with Ted Healy and the Stooges in the 1930's!

::)

xraffle

What the hell kind of word is "uncompleted"?

At first, I didn't think that there was such a word, but then I looked it up at dictionary.com. It's another word for 'incomplete'.

Offline Genius In the Lamp

• Unofficial genealogist of pretty blonde daughters of Canadian mining engineers
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead

Maybe he's one of those 18 Stooges that our friends at Donaldson are always bringing up.   >:D
"I like very much your English punk rock stars, you know, your Lulu, your Dave Clark Five!"  - Jerzy Balowski

Offline Robbie883

Offline fansince8

Nobody knows who Tiny Ray is?!?! That's sad.

xraffle

Well, I never heard of Tiny Ray. Maybe it's due to the 'uncompleted' information that I was reading.

Offline Baggie

Yes indeedy. I can't sleep at night racking my brains as to who Tiny Ray is.There is a Saturday morning kid's show over here called Ministry Of Mayhem. They have a guy on it called Ray, and he is indeed quite tiny. Maybe he was the third Stooge once...

http://www.willowmanagement.co.uk/artist_pages_actors/raymond_griffiths.htm

Just an afterthought here but, fansince8, I take it your name means you have been a fan of the Stooges since you were 8 years old. If this is the case how did you not know that Shemp was the first third Stooge (if that makes any sense) and not Curly?

The artist formerly known as Shempetta

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography

That's not what's sad; knowing it is - it's from a Besser episode, after all.  Most Stooge fans don't care for those, so it's not surprising that no one's caught it yet.

"Tiny" Ray was the name of Joe's fiance in Muscle Up a Little Closer, played by Maxine Gates.

[doh]

Offline Baggie

Shit! And there was I, hopeful that it might be that damn dwarf after all!
The artist formerly known as Shempetta

xraffle

"Tiny" Ray was the name of Joe's fiance in Muscle Up a Little Closer, played by Maxine Gates.

Yes, now I remember. It's been a long time since I watched a Besser short that I forgot that Tiny Ray was Joe's fiance in 'Muscle Up A Little Closer'.

Okay, so I'm watching the Three Stooges on On Demand, right? And the idiots said that Shemp was the technical first stooge out of him, Curly, and Tiny Ray. Talk about your false information, we all know that Shemp came second after Curly had his unfortunate stroke. Who else thinks that it's just rude to give out false information?

Now that I understand who Tiny Ray is, what does any of this have to do with Tiny Ray?

Offline fansince8

actually, Tiny Ray was a big man, no relation. and at first i thought it was shemp, but when i heard of curly's stroke, i thought it was curly and got confused. and now it's all clear.
 Use capital letters in your sentences, please! Typing all in lower case makes you look like an illiterate.

Offline Pip Pip

Just an afterthought here but, fansince8, I take it your name means you have been a fan of the Stooges since you were 8 years old. If this is the case how did you not know that Shemp was the first third Stooge (if that makes any sense) and not Curly?

Maybe fansince8 is only 9 now? 

I have to start posting somewhere, so I thought I'd start here, since I can't start a topic.  Maybe someday I too will be able to start one...

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
actually, Tiny Ray was a big man, no relation. and at first i thought it was shemp, but when i heard of curly's stroke, i thought it was curly and got confused. and now it's all clear.

Well that's as clear as mud.   ???