Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Video Episode Reviews?

Poll

Would you post video reviews on the episodes if it was possible?

Yes
6 (75%)
No
1 (12.5%)
Maybe
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
porcupinefan87's fascinating video blog response to questions about the Stooges got me to thinking about taking more advantage of the technology.  What if members could embed a video of their reviews on the individual episodes?

Setting up the ability is fairly easy on my part (YouTube, Google, AOL, etc., already provide the means), and I will very probably add such a feature to the site soon, but I am curious whether members will be inclined to use it.

Offline locoboymakesgood

That sounds like a lot of fun! I'd be all over that.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
I am going to qualify my "no". I am not the best public speaker or reporter, what have you. I tend to take my time and search for the right phrase or... word! Bottom line, I am not extemporaneous like porcupinefan87.

I would however enjoy watching the video reviews.

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline archiezappa

I think that sounds like a cool idea.  Or, even better, would be a way to watch the episodes on the site, using realplayer, and have an option for commentary.  Different members could give their own episode commentaries.  This would be cool, since the original actors/directors have passed on.

Offline falsealarms

I wouldn't - don't have the equip, not my cup of tea - but would likely watch them if others did them.

Offline porcupinefan87

Oh man, that commentary idea is sooo good! That would be so awesome to do. I don't know HOW we'd do it, but it'd be cool. I love watching films with director's commentary and stuff.

Ahh...so I can make up stuff on the spur of the moment eh? I try haha  ;)

Short by short reviews, whether they are video or written are good ideas, though I believe this site already has the latter. I think the video thing would be a good idea. I'd be game.

"Roses are red, and how do you do? Drink four of these and...woob woob woob woob!" - Curly, 'No Census, No Feeling'
------------
"Ehhh....money shrinks!!!" - Shemp, 'Don't Throw That Knife'
------------
"Even the comedians that make you laugh the hardest, have tragedies in their lives.  Laughter is all we have against the pain of life and death." - Larry Fine

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Oh man, that commentary idea is sooo good! That would be so awesome to do. I don't know HOW we'd do it, but it'd be cool. I love watching films with director's commentary and stuff.

Basically, what I'm thinking is that you can record your review of an episode and upload it to the video site of your choice (YouTube, Yahoo, Google Video, AOL or MySpace -- any others?) and then go to the episode page to add your review.  All you would need to do is paste in the video id and indicate which site it is on.  (I'll be moderating them, to make sure nobody puts something there that doesn't belong.)   ;)

This would be in addition to the written fan reviews, by the way.

Ahh...so I can make up stuff on the spur of the moment eh? I try haha  ;)

Short by short reviews, whether they are video or written are good ideas, though I believe this site already has the latter. I think the video thing would be a good idea. I'd be game.

LOL!  That's what I thought.  Your video blog response is what gave me the idea.   [pie]

I'll be adding this feature in the next couple of days (I'm working on improvements to ronpaulregistry.com at the moment), so go ahead and start recording your reviews!   ;D

Curley91

I would really enjoy doing commentary/Reviews for the Stooge shorts as well.  I have an acceptable broadcasting voice.

ArchieZappa had a great idea about the optional commentary. Another idea would be to make up intros for them.  Then, put a transition into the short itself.  That's just food for thought.