Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

RARE! CA$H AND CARRY 16mm PRINT FOR SALE!!!

Offline 2reelers

I have a print of CA$H AND CARRY for sale. My print is one of the 1958 Screen Gems sales prints. This is one of the few prints left that were shipped to television stations in 1958 so the station could decide whether or not they wanted to run the boys films. These prints were supposed to be returned to the Screen Gems sales department...some stations opted to keep the prints however (and TBS was still showing this version into the 1980's).

A custom title sequence was done by Screen Gems and the famous shot of the boys heads during the titles were removed. Also, the original end title was redone by Screen Gems, here using a simple white lettered "The End" over a black screen.

This is mounted on an 800 ft reel, and there are a handful of splices throughout, but it is definitely an original and no vinegar smell.

A Screen Gems logo was spliced onto the beginning of the film print, and that really shouldn't be there. It's the way I received the print and I just chose to leave it there.

The film is in overall very nice shape and quite rare to boot!

I'm asking $140.00 for it, and I'll take care of the shippin'.

Curley91

WOW!!

That is really cool!  I have always found those old Screen Gems TV prints extremely interesting.