Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Shemp punches himself?

Offline malbuff

I'm trying to recall a particular short, I believe it is with Shemp, where the following gag is introduced:

1. Moe tells a seated Shemp to rest his elbow on his knee, then rest his chin on his
hand (kinda like "The Thinker" sculpture)

2. Moe stomps on Shemp's foot

3. Shemp's involuntary reaction is to punch himself in the jaw!   

I remember being convulsed by this years ago, but I've been unable to remember which short the gag was in.  Now my sons (ages 10 and 12) are bugging me because they want to see the gag. Does anyone remember this?   

Offline malbuff

Nevermind...  I found it myself... this site is awesome  :-)

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Threestooges.net: Bringing to light the comic genius of Shemp Howard to children of all ages.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Pilsner Panther

Moe uses this routine on Larry in "Goof On The Roof," but where does he do it to Shemp? Honestly, I can't remember which short that's in... Stooge or BeAStooge, can you be of some help here?

???

Offline Waldo Twitchell

The shorts in which this gag appears are listed in the 'Stooge Routines' section.

The only short not listed where Moe pulls this routine on Shemp is 'Cuckoo on a Choo Choo' (if my
memory serves me correctly).