Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Suggestions

shemps#1 · 105 · 43705

Offline percytheslice

• Grapehead
Snoop Dog is currently over here in Melbourne for the Cup and some shows at Rod Laver Arena
He is one ordinary unit - could you take him back and cancel his passport

Offline Smaug

• Applehead
Elton will never be inducted, his early stuff is great. I could do an "Elton John after the '70's" induction, but nahhh.
That Elton is a hell of a piano player, but he really sucks on the organ!

xraffle

Whew! I'm glad Elton John won't be talked about on this board. Sure, he may be gay, but I think he has a lot of great music.

Maybe a good artist to add would be Prince. Ugh! His music is awful.

AmalgamatedMoron

Whew! I'm glad Elton John won't be talked about on this board. Sure, he may be gay, but I think he has a lot of great music.

Maybe a good artist to add would be Prince. Ugh! His music is awful.

Aww, come on X.  Don't you want to purify yourself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka?  [rotflmao]

Offline vomit

• Puddinhead
  • Shemp RULES!
Funny Stuff Beri.  We are the same age!  Never liked the grunge.  Didn't get it, still don't.  I was working on the road when Cobain rubbed himself out, and never heard about it.  Friday night I entered my favorite watering hole.  My buddy has this weird grin on his face and he says: "He did it!  He offed himself!"  And I'm like: "Who?"  And then he tells me.  Never seen someone that excited over a suicide.
Specto Caelum!

Offline Hammond Eggar

• Birdbrain
  • Knothead
Since you've mentioned it, I was already thinking about doing something like that (jump the shark type deal), but with a much bigger name than Aerosmith. As for Tyler and Co., they might merit a full induction as I only like one song of theirs. The rest is shit.

If you're planning to do a "jump the shark" bit, then you have to have post-70s Foreigner and Chicago in there.  As for artists who need to be inducted, you have to have EMINEM.  He is absolutely the worst.  Kanye West deserves induction, as well.

Personally, though, I don't get the need to spend so much time on artists one hates.  Why not start a thread for artists who are underrated?  I find it's always more enjoyable to talk about something you actually like.  Plus, you have the chance of turning someone on to a new artist or style of music.  Why not give that a thought, Shemps#1.  Hmmm?
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
If you're planning to do a "jump the shark" bit, then you have to have post-70s Foreigner and Chicago in there.  As for artists who need to be inducted, you have to have EMINEM.  He is absolutely the worst.  Kanye West deserves induction, as well.

Personally, though, I don't get the need to spend so much time on artists one hates.  Why not start a thread for artists who are underrated?  I find it's always more enjoyable to talk about something you actually like.  Plus, you have the chance of turning someone on to a new artist or style of music.  Why not give that a thought, Shemps#1.  Hmmm?

:::throws my hands up in the air and walks away while shaking my head:::
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline metaldams

• Global Moderator
  • Egghead

80's Foreigner.  "I Want To Know What Love Is" is arguably my most hated song ever.  Arguably.  In reality, I don't like any Foreigner, but that song takes the cake.

Still, suggesting to Jim on his board to stop focusing on the negative because you like the positive is the equivalent of going up to the owner of a gay bar and saying,  "I prefer women, so this place needs more women."  The name on the bill says "sucks," so expect diatribes on crap.

That said, I have for some time thought the idea of something more positive would be cool...in a different section. I'd want to expand it beyond music, even allowing Stooge stuff to creep in, but I'd have to talk to Rob about it first.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Hammond Eggar

• Birdbrain
  • Knothead
You do make a reasonable point, Metaldams.  A companion section may be in order, if for no other reason than to compliment this one.  For so long we've read about what Shemps#1 doesen't like.  I'd enjoy reading about bands, new and older, that he does appreciate.  If the world is so full of crap, then why not direct people to some good stuff.  Personally, I actually like a large number of the artists which have been trashed here, especially Paul McCartney and the Monkees.  But, that's neither here-nor-there.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
You do make a reasonable point, Metaldams.  A companion section may be in order, if for no other reason than to compliment this one.  For so long we've read about what Shemps#1 doesen't like.  I'd enjoy reading about bands, new and older, that he does appreciate.  If the world is so full of crap, then why not direct people to some good stuff.  Personally, I actually like a large number of the artists which have been trashed here, especially Paul McCartney and the Monkees.  But, that's neither here-nor-there.

The mere fact that you are asking me to write about bands that like proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that (and I mean this respectfully Hammond so please don't misconstrue this) you just don't get it. We've been on this and other Stooges boards for years, and I know you have this Neo-Hippie "accentuate the positive" attitude towards life that quite frankly most people do not share. MTS is about me sharing my opinions on bands that I do not like in a (hopefully) humorous way. These are in no way meant to be professional reviews to be taken seriously.

Why do I do it? For my LOVE of music. I love music so much that when I hear awful music it pains me. When I hear something that is extremely painful to listen to (like the Monkees) I have to vent, and that way is through humor. Would the late, great George Carlin have been so funny if he focused on topics that made him warm and fuzzy inside? No. Would Lenny Bruce be remembered to this day if he played it safe and only talked about good things? No. Would Edgar Allen Poe be remembered if he wrote about a Super Fun Land with gumdrops and rainbow farts? No.

I could write an article about how wonderful John Lennon is, and it would be a lot less interesting than me ripping apart Paul McCartney for his saccharine pop. Doug asked me for a list of artists/bands that I like and I gave him an incomplete one. You can find it in the Journey thread where that tool wigged out because I don't think Eric Johnson walks on water. What I refuse to do is write a positive review for every negative one, because that's not in the spirit of the board.

By the way, Foreigner has already been inducted (#15), for of their shitty Corporate Rock music...70's included.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Ya know, somehow I just knew that rainbow farts were going to come into this discussion at some point.   [fart]

xraffle

Personally, I actually like a large number of the artists which have been trashed here, especially Paul McCartney and the Monkees. 

You do? Well I feel sorry for you. Nah, I'm only kidding. ;D
I, too, like many of the artists that are listed on this MTS forum. But what Shemps#1 is doing is talking about several artists that he feels are overrated. It's his opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact. I'm sure there are many music he likes that you don't.

Offline Smaug

• Applehead
guns n roses-- "nya nya nya sweet child o mine"
                     "nya nya nya nyakin on heavens door"
                     "nya nya nya (guitar solo) nya nya"

I just did a whole album.
edit: Bonus Track! "nya nya nya live and let die"

Offline Hammond Eggar

• Birdbrain
  • Knothead
You guys have my apology.  I didn't mean to rain on anyone's parade.  This is obviously a popular forum, or Shemps#1 wouldn't still be doing it.  Oh, well.  I was just throwing out a suggestion.  Take it or leave it.  If Shemps#1 is entitled to his opinion then I can certainly have mine.  That said, I don't see how using terms such as "asswipes" adds aything of value to the presentation of your opinion.  MST3K showed how one can tear apart a piece of work, be funny and not have to be obnoxious or crude.  Again, I'm not saying your opinion is wrong.  I appreciate how much thought you put into each essay, and the background you add.  I just know that the tone does nothing for me, personally.  Let's just let bygones be bygones.  We'll agree to disagree.  If others enjoy it, then by all means, keep at it.  As always, I wish you and every other regular here, the best of luck in all endevours, including this one. 

Look, if I was totally agaisnt this thread and its concept, would I have suggested both Eminem and Kanye West for induction?  Kanye's ego alone warrents him an induction.  Please consider them for the que, Shemps#1.  Thanks.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
You guys have my apology.  I didn't mean to rain on anyone's parade.  This is obviously a popular forum, or Shemps#1 wouldn't still be doing it.  Oh, well.  I was just throwing out a suggestion.  Take it or leave it.  If Shemps#1 is entitled to his opinion then I can certainly have mine.  That said, I don't see how using terms such as "asswipes" adds aything of value to the presentation of your opinion.  MST3K showed how one can tear apart a piece of work, be funny and not have to be obnoxious or crude.  Again, I'm not saying your opinion is wrong.  I appreciate how much thought you put into each essay, and the background you add.  I just know that the tone does nothing for me, personally.  Let's just let bygones be bygones.  We'll agree to disagree.  If others enjoy it, then by all means, keep at it.  As always, I wish you and every other regular here, the best of luck in all endevours, including this one. 

Look, if I was totally agaisnt this thread and its concept, would I have suggested both Eminem and Kanye West for induction?  Kanye's ego alone warrents him an induction.  Please consider them for the que, Shemps#1.  Thanks.

Unfortunately for you, Hammond, I am not the first person nor am I the only person to be "obnoxious or crude". In fact, what you consider to be "obnoxious or crude" others consider to be funny. If the mere usage of curse words constitutes "obnoxious or crude" then everyone is "obnoxious or crude" at some point in their lives: yourself included.

I work blue, Ham: if you don't like it no one is forcing you to read anything I write.  ::)

Offline Hammond Eggar

• Birdbrain
  • Knothead
Point taken, Shemps#1.  It's obvious neither one is going to change the other's mind.  So, let's just move on.  Again, I apologize for stirring things up.  I certainly didn't mean to upset anyone.  I would also like to add how much respect I have for you as a Stooges fan.  Your knoweldge of and loyalty to the boys is impressive.  As far as I'm concerned, you're alright in my book.  Please don't take anything written previously as an attack on you personally.  You do your thing, and I'll do mine.  Hopefully, our paths will cross from time-to-time in the various Stooges boards. ;)

As for the suggestion that you start a thread about music you do like, that was meant more as a compliment.  You seem very passionate about music.  With your talent for writing, I just thought it would make for an interesting read, and a nice compliment to MTS.  That's all.

Offline 3Stooges4Life

• Porcupine
We direly need to add to Music That Sucks...

Each and every stupid one-name dumb no talent shitty "girl singer."

Lump 'em together: Rhianna, Fergie, Shakira, Beyonce, Madonna, Ciara, Aaliyah.

And that's to name a few of them..

xraffle

Shakira? No talent? I'd like to see you dance like her. ;)

Offline WhyIOughta

• Beetlebrain
I dance like that, when my son stomps on my foot......   ;D

Offline WhyIOughta

• Beetlebrain
"The Safety Dance" (Men Without Hats)

"Everybody Have Fun Tonight," which, in my book, rankles ME as much as that Foreigner track "I wanna know what love is" rankles HIM (Wang Chung)

Come to think of it, though, I really DO hate that Foreigner track...Nyuk-nyuk-YUCK!

Offline curlysdame

• Puddinhead

Don't forget J.Lo and *shudder* Britney...
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

xraffle

Don't forget J.Lo and *shudder* Britney...

Britney?? Every night when I get home, there's nothing better than popping in a Britney CD in my CD player and listening to "Oops I did it again." I crank my stereo all the way up. It just makes my day.

Only joking!! Don't take me serious. ;D
But yeah, I agree. Britney should definitely be a part of this MTS forum.

Offline WhyIOughta

• Beetlebrain
Britney?? Every night when I get home, there's nothing better than popping in a Britney CD in my CD player and listening to "Oops I did it again." I crank my stereo all the way up. It just makes my day.

Only joking!! Don't take me serious. ;D
But yeah, I agree. Britney should definitely be a part of this MTS forum.

OMG....I fell over, when I read the first part of this post!  (CLANK!) 

:laugh:

In a related story, there's some dope two houses down that plays "Eye Of The Tiger" at 8am sharp, every morning.  We call him "The Bugler."   :laugh: 

Post-script -- I'm out at LAX about a year ago, picking up my in-laws from a red-eye trip back from Utah, when, lo and behold, i'm sittin' in the waiting area with Sylvester Stallone and one of his 'dudes.'  I asked him if there was anything he could do about "The Bugler," and he told me that he gets the shakes every time he hears that track, and, if he lived in my neighborhood, he would have paid "The Bugler" a visit....   :D

Offline Curly4444

• Numbskull
How about real crappy music like Britney spears, Miley Cyrus, any rap musician, paula abdul, and fantasia.

More suggestions:

Johnny Cash
Nirvana
Smashing Pumpkins
Run DMC
David Bowie
Madonna

Offline vomit

• Puddinhead
  • Shemp RULES!
You need to get some more stuff in here!

Shania Twain
Celine Dion
Loverboy (or did you do them?)

Yes, I have a hate-on for that abysmal talent from across the border.

Nickleback
creed

Lots & lots
Specto Caelum!