Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Newly discovered 16mm behind-the-scenes material...

Offline 2reelers

I'm referring to the color footage of the Stooges from the sets of THREE LITTLE PIRATES, UNCIVIL WARBIRDS etc. that was mentioned in the last Stooges Journal (#122).

Who discovered this footage? When was it found? Where'd it come from? Knowing how it was found would add to the story of it being found. I'd love to see this material and hope it makes it to the dvds.

Offline Pat The Stooge

I didn't know that Columbia had technocolor!

I really would love to see some stooge shorts on DVD fully colorized. Here's a list of them:

The Three Stooges Three Pests in a Mess B&W and color DVD collection

Three Pests in a Mess(1945)
Scrambled Brains(1951)
Three Hams on Rye(1950)
Pain in the Pullman(1936)
Love at First Bite(1950)
Goof on a Roof(1953)

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I didn't know that Columbia had technocolor!

Who discovered this footage? When was it found? Where'd it come from? Knowing how it was found would add to the story of it being found. I'd love to see this material and hope it makes it to the dvds.

Pat -
This is not Columbia footage. It is the recent discovery of private, behind-the-scenes, home movie clips from 1943 and 1946. The footage premiered at the Fan Club Meeting in April. The report of the discovery appeared in the Summer 2007 issue of The Three Stooges Journal.

2reelers -
The footage is currently available only for fans to view at Stoogeum events. It is tentatively scheduled to be shown again during the October 6 open house, and most likely at next year's Fan Club Meeting. This is privately owned footage, and will not be included on the Sony DVDs.

Curley91

Offline superstooge

2reelers -
The footage is currently available only for fans to view at Stoogeum events. It is tentatively scheduled to be shown again during the October 6 open house, and most likely at next year's Fan Club Meeting. This is privately owned footage, and will not be included on the Sony DVDs.

Is there a chance that this footage will be available to Stooge fans that cannot attend the meetings?  [faint2]
Oh, taking me illiterately, ey?

Offline busybuddy

I think its a little unfair to us stooge fans who live outside ofthe Stooge headquarters. It's kind of hard for us to travel out that far to see a couple minutes of footage. Why can't this be put on YouTube or on a special DVD for members of the club? I don't mean to be rude, but I know people who have been dying to go to one of the meetings for 20 years but just can't work it into their schedule to make a trip out to Pennsylvania.
I think Birdie will go for that!

Offline 3Stooges

I'm with you in that I'd love to see this stuff on the DVD's to share with everyone, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Offline JazzBill

Thats why this Oct. 6th I'll be riding out to Philly, ( unless the weather is real bad, then I'll be driving )  If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

The source of the footage is Joan Howard Maurer.  As the most recent Journal alludes to, there is more footage that has not been seen before - from the '60's - and includes stage footage, a commercial for a Los Angeles stage appearance, Moe on Japanese TV and more.  All of the footage will eventually be shown at future conventions.

I understand not wanting to post it to YouTube or create a DVD just yet...as it's great publicity and incentive to increase attendance at the conventions or the Stoogeum...but hopefully in a couple of years a special Fan Club DVD can be produced and shared with members as a fund raising means.  I have nothing to do with the footage and am not suggesting any kind of limited DVD release is going to happen; I'm simply stating my hopes as I haven't see the footage either.

Mike
Pick two!!

Offline Healy White

Pat -
This is not Columbia footage. It is the recent discovery of private, behind-the-scenes, home movie clips from 1943 and 1946. The footage premiered at the Fan Club Meeting in April.

Ah, so it's like the Jitterbug scene from "The Wizard Of Oz".  Remarkable!