Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

3 Stooges Collection 1934 - 1936, October 30

BeAStooge · 198 · 56944

Linked Events

• 3 Stooges 1934-1936 DVDs: October 30, 2007 - November 05, 2007

Curley91

Also, a heads up.. FYE tends to let their releases slip a few weeks early (I've gotten a couple of DVDs a month or so before street date in the past), so if you're in the mall over the weekend, wouldn't hurt to stop in and look.

I've noticed that SunCoast gets these new-releases early as well.  There have been numerous DVDs I had been anticipating, which I've located the weekend before the 'official' Tuesday street day (sometimes, even a little FURTHER in advance!)

I'll be keepin' my eyes peeled! 

[pie] 
(This smiley is awesome!)

xraffle

Only thing is you'll be paying full retail price, but you won't have to wait another 2 weeks.

Yeah, FYE is such a rip-off. Sometimes, their prices are higher than the retail price. I would rather order at Amazon and wait forever than to get ripped off at FYE.

And since everyone is doing this, what the hell, I'll do it too:  [pie]

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
Xraffle... this pie's for you!  [pie]

;D

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline Sadistic Stooge

don't know if anyone ask this yet,  but does anyone know how often these sets will be released ?  ??? [pie]

xraffle

According to the rumor, it's every 2 months.

Here's a pie for you.  [pie]

JH24

According to the rumor, it's every 2 months.

Here's a pie for you.  [pie]

Lets hope so, they'll have to announce volume 2 soon after october 30th.

Offline Hammond Eggar

Lets hope so, they'll have to announce volume 2 soon after october 30th.

I agree.  It would be wonderful if the two-month rumor turns out to be true.  I have my doubts, though.  Let's keep our fingers crossed.  If this happens, and Sony's releases all cover a three-year block, then we could see all 190 shorts out on DVD within a year-and-a-half.  That would be great! [pie]
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

stooged and confused

I just got a call from the contact that I have at Sony and she is sending me an advanced set of the new DVD's. I was told I should have it by Friday at the latest.

I will view it right away and post my comments here to confirm that the prints are fully restored and that the "Three Little Beers" print is intact.

Also, the plan is to release all sets over a 2/12 to 3 year period. I will be sent an official press release on volume 2 when they have finalized that DVD set. I was told that it is "on the table" at this time.

Offline Hammond Eggar

I just got a call from the contact that I have at Sony and she is sending me an advanced set of the new DVD's. I was told I should have it by Friday at the latest.

I will view it right away and post my comments here to confirm that the prints are fully restored and that the "Three Little Beers" print is intact.

Also, the plan is to release all sets over a 2/12 to 3 year period. I will be sent an official press release on volume 2 when they have finalized that DVD set. I was told that it is "on the table" at this time.

That is wonderful news.  Thanks for the update.  I'm 35 now, so, hopefully before I turn 40, I will own all 190 Columbia shorts.  This is the best news I've heard in a long time. ;D
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

JH24

Good man or woman  ;)

Nice to know that within 3 years we can have all 190 stooges shorts on dvd.

I'll be watching the first volume to death before volume 2 is released.

Offline Hammond Eggar

Good man or woman  ;)

Nice to know that within 3 years we can have all 190 stooges shorts on dvd.

I'll be watching the first volume to death before volume 2 is released.

You and me both, JH24.  You and me both. 
I already have, at the least, VHS copies of most of the shorts from the 1934-36 era, but am trying to avoid watching them in anticipation of the upcoming Collection DVDs.  To borrow a Stooges title, I can hardly wait. [pie]

xraffle

Nice!! If you can let us know asap about "Three Little Beers," it would be greatly appreciated. Once you do, I'll be sure to give you a Karma point for it.

But for now, you get a pie.  [pie]

Offline Hammond Eggar

Nice!! If you can let us know asap about "Three Little Beers," it would be greatly appreciated. Once you do, I'll be sure to give you a Karma point for it.

But for now, you get a pie.  [pie]

The Three Little Beers info would be nice.  As for me, I'd like to know if the set has a PLAY ALL feature, and if there is any bonus material included.  I'm not expecting any, but, then again, Sony could surprise us.  Stranger things have happened.  Thanks for keeping us updated. ;)

stooged and confused

I will let you all know about the "play all" feature as well as the "Three Little Beers" issues. I'll also let you know as to the quality of the prints for each title.

Since I will have this set in my anxious little hands 11+ days before it is available for sale, let me know what things you all want answered and I will accomodate. I should have the set within the next 3 days!!

Curley91

I too would like to hear about some of the DVD features, as well as the "Three Little Beers" issue.  I am also interested in the print quality of "Pardon My Scotch," "False Alarms," and of course, "A Pain In The Pullman."
Plus, is "Uncivil Warriors" intact?   

I am hoping that we will get more news about Volume 2 coming soon. 

Again, Here comes a pie!   [pie]

xraffle

I too would like to hear about some of the DVD features, as well as the "Three Little Beers" issue.  I am also interested in the print quality of "Pardon My Scotch," "False Alarms," and of course, "A Pain In The Pullman."
Plus, is "Uncivil Warriors" intact?   

I am hoping that we will get more news about Volume 2 coming soon. 

Yes, those too I would like to know. If "A Pain In The Pullman" has excellent quality, then that means that Sony is putting a lot of work into this set.

"Professor, I can't stand it any longer. Who was throwing those pies?"
"Oh!! I threw the pies. Ehehehehe."  [pie]

ThumpTheShoes

How about reporting the running times for the films? Also, if you have the means, perhaps some screenshots and a look at the disc artwork?

There's a good chap! Why, you!...  [pie]

-Th

Offline archiezappa

I sure hope this set is what we all want it to be.  I would like to know before I buy.

Offline busybuddy

I forget what the problem with Three Little Beers was. Can somebody fill me in?
I think Birdie will go for that!

xraffle

I forget what the problem with Three Little Beers was. Can somebody fill me in?

The part where all the golf balls fall out of Curly's pockets is missing.

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
  • "I am Mattie Herring. Ah, my favorite dish!"
I've visited this site many times, but never knew about the forum until now.

October 30th can't get here fast enough for me.  I also cannot wait to hear about the set from the one member who is getting an advanced copy.   8)

I have about 60% of the episodes on VHS, but they are getting pretty bad since I have played them over and over again.  Thank goodness that we can finally watch these on DVD and in order too!

Hopefully Sony will have the uncut copies to work with.  I'd hate to see them get all this treatment to look good on DVD just to be cut.

[stooges]
"Moronica must expand! We shall lend our neighbors a helping hand, we shall lend them two helping hands... and help ourselves to our neighbors!"  Moe Hailstone

Offline Dagurasu

Right now the Amazon sales rank is #49. At that rate it might make it into the top 25-let's hope the top 10! (Of course like any Stooge fan I'll only be satisfied with #1) Looks like we are buying this one! I'm dying to know what the shorts look like. Anybody out there have a pre-release copy?                                             

xraffle

Anybody out there have a pre-release copy?                                             

Yes, someone does indeed. Click here to check out his review.

Offline locoboymakesgood

It's at #55 as of 9:20AM PST.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline Larry Larry

I was checking retail this weekend hoping to find an advance copy.  No such luck.

But I noticed the themed discs still for sale.  

Sony should pull these off the shelves.  Having a single series for sale will increase the odds of new, casual fans collecting the series (I wouldn't consider us causal fans).

And continuing to sell these hated theme discs will just annoy future customers, like it did us.  Why not just give new customers the 1, new & better choice? This numbered, chronological series will be easy for them to follow.   

If Sony keeps selling the themed discs, casual fans will be checking episode titles from the new collections against nearly 2 dozen of the themed discs. 

They are going to get frustrated and may leave the store w/ out buying anything.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!