Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Collecting

Guest · 7 · 1652

stooged and confused

Here's a topic many can relate to.

What are your favorite Three Stooges pieces in your collection?

Also, what is your dream piece?

For me, a check I have from Moe. Besides it being a personal item from one of the Stooges, it's different than most of the Moe checks around. Many are from 1971-1974 that I've seen circulating and they were written to a grocery, hardware or craft store. This one is from 1961 (while still active as a Stooge) and it was written to the Internal Revenue Service!!

The second is a sealed pack of 1959 trading cards with a tight seal, great corners and bright colors on the wrap. Plus, the the 48 year old slab of gum is still in one piece. And, who knows? There may be a rare checklist card that has never seen the light of day. COOL!

My dream piece would be a one sheet from the 30's!

Anybody else?

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
A photo of Larry, Moe & Curly, hand signed:

"To James, From your pal, Larry" ca. 1974 when Larry was in the Motion Picture Country Home.

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline falsealarms

Consider me being born at the wrong time. I write to a lot of baseball players (top prospects especially) for autographs... and very ocasionally, a celeb.... Tony Shalhoub, Henry Winkler come to mind. No doubt I would have done the same back in the day when Moe, Larry and the two Joe's were alive. But being born in 85, obviously I missed all that fun. Bernds (00) and Sitka (98) were also gone by the time I got into the hobby.

I'd like to get a Moe check one of these days, but I don't know if I could justify dropping 300-500 on one.

Also, I'm a Mets fan in case that picture leads anyone to believe otherwise.

Offline falsealarms

Got an autograph in today that's somewhat Stooge related:

Joey Bishop signed a 3x5 card for me c/o home in a little over two weeks. The Stooge connection is that Bishop worked often with Besser in the 60s, and Moe, Larry, and Curly Joe were guests on Bishop's talk show at least one occasion. Bishop turns 90 next year.

http://www.fanmail.biz/89664.html

Offline locoboymakesgood

Got an autograph in today that's somewhat Stooge related:

Joey Bishop signed a 3x5 card for me c/o home in a little over two weeks. The Stooge connection is that Bishop worked often with Besser in the 60s, and Moe, Larry, and Curly Joe were guests on Bishop's talk show at least one occasion. Bishop turns 90 next year.

http://www.fanmail.biz/89664.html
Like I just commented in the Wyman thread, I thought she was dead for years.. same with Joey Bishop. Funny man, I just didn't know he was still around. Yipes, I need to start brushing up on my old celebrities..
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline falsealarms

Like I just commented in the Wyman thread, I thought she was dead for years.. same with Joey Bishop. Funny man, I just didn't know he was still around. Yipes, I need to start brushing up on my old celebrities..

He's the last surviving member of the original rat pack - everyone else dead for at least 9 years... but of course I know of him because his Stooges connections.

http://www.nndb.com/group/843/000054681/

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
Jayne Wyman is dead?

I didn't even know she was sick! I wouldv'e sent her a card.

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!