Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

WORST offenses by respected music artists

Guest · 5 · 1402

stooged and confused

Top Five sins from talented and respected musical artists:

1) Paul McCartney--tie between "Pipes Of Peace" and "Ebony and Ivory."
    **Drenched, cliched goo by an artist who should know better.

2) Stevie Wonder "I Just Called To Say I Love You."
    **A great talent who took a slide on the musical banana peel throughout the
        80's. This was his biggest casualty --(No surprise that it went to #1).

3) Aerosmith, Peter Frampton and the Bee Gees for "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts
    Club Band" film soundtrack. A disaster waiting to happen and they couldn't see
    it coming?! Just goes to show what money, ego and drugs can cause.

4) "Mr. Roboto" by Styx. Bad enough to break up the band. 'Nuff said!

5 The Rolling Stones--EVERYTHING AFTER "Tattoo You." It's all forgettable.

Offline RICO987

This is a Three Stooges site, but occasionally I notice these other subjects creep in, and I suppose it is a good thing so we keep a good perspective.  Having said that, I cannot let it go without a response that everything after Tattoo You by the Rolling Stones is forgettable.  It is all a matter of perspective.  I could cite many, but, just for example, “Fancy Man Blues” would hold up on any previous Stones record, even “Exile”.  I know, everyone is entitled to their opinion – judging by record sales, I am not alone.  And I know many who share S & C’s view as well.  I just felt compelled to stick up for the old rock and roll geezers this time around.

Incidentally, your first four reviews I agree with 100%

Offline JazzBill

Rod Stewart going disco was pretty offensive.

[youtube=425,350]On3rfstwJUQ[/youtube]

Here's a clip of the Rodster selling out.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

stooged and confused

Yeah, Rod Stewart sold his soul to the musical devil in the late 70's. Truth be told, his butchering of the classic standards of the 40's 'tain't any better. In fact, I can't think of a single artist who started out so strong and sold out so whole heartedly as he did.

Bu then again, many rockers sold out in the late 70's and had a "disco" hit. The Stones went to # 1 with "Miss You" and Paul hit the top with "Goodnight Tonight." All three of these songs were #1 hits in 1979!

Offline JazzBill

In Chicago, there has been a long running rumor concerning Rod Stewart, the boys in the band, and a stomach pump. Has anyone else heard any rumors like that or is it just a local thing ?
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".