Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Worst Stooge Shorts There Never Were

Paul Pain and USam, I'm surprised to get such a quick response from both of you. This is really cool, since these Stooges That Never Were entries are often based, as you know, on stuff that never happened, or were rumored to have happened, or should never have happened. This link might be ideal raw material for that kind of stuff.  Let's all bend our brains.  I will if you will.

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Bunionhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
Big Chief, I sincerely didn't realize you were responding to something Umbrella Sam wrote.  I thought you were asking him for his opinion of what I had written.  I get a pie for that  [pie]
#1 fire kibitzer

No, of course not.  As you've now figured out, I was talking about the link, not your contribution,  I thought your contribution was good, very funny.  Incidentally have we mentioned in other years that we share a birthday, Aug 28?  Not the same year, obviously.

Offline Paul Pain

• Bunionhead
No, of course not.  As you've now figured out, I was talking about the link, not your contribution,  I thought your contribution was good, very funny.  Incidentally have we mentioned in other years that we share a birthday, Aug 28?  Not the same year, obviously.

Is the merry 28th of Augustus also your birth anniversary?  That explains why we get along as well as we do  :D
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Paul Pain

• Bunionhead
CALL A SPADE A SPADE (1937)

The Three Stooges met the Tennessee Valley Authority in this terrible effort.  It basically consists of the boys working as ditch diggers during the depression.  Such potential was had in this, but too much of the short was dedicated to digging scenes, shovels and shovel handles in faces, and the like.  No snarly boss yelling at the boys was had; instead Vernon Dent's character just groans and walks away.  There isn't even a chase scene to set up or resolve this.  The short ends with the boys accidentally digging their way to China, where an angry farmer immediately chases them back into the hole as the short fades out.

I suppose Clyde Bruckman was drunk while writing this one. 
#1 fire kibitzer