Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Three Stooges - Video Blog Questions

Offline porcupinefan87

I just thought this would perhaps be of some half interest. A user posted a video blog asking You Tubers two questions about the Three Stooges...

1) What is your favorite stooge?
2) In their shorts, and all other things post-Curly, who is your favorite "Third Stooge"?

Here's a link to the actual video:

It's interesting to see what people said in both text and video responses.

Here is my video response....

&watch_response

Hopefully this isn't too irrelevant to post here. I just found it interesting.  :D
"Roses are red, and how do you do? Drink four of these and...woob woob woob woob!" - Curly, 'No Census, No Feeling'
------------
"Ehhh....money shrinks!!!" - Shemp, 'Don't Throw That Knife'
------------
"Even the comedians that make you laugh the hardest, have tragedies in their lives.  Laughter is all we have against the pain of life and death." - Larry Fine

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
You must be from France. I can tell by the accent and how fast you talk!

I had to speed up my hearing to 72rpm from 33-1/3 to keep up with you! (That analogy was probably lost like water splashing on a rock to anyone under 30!)

Speaking of water... Was there a thunderstorm when you taped it? I had to "pause" & pee 1/2 way through it!

Good to see a young woman so passionate about her Larry.  :D

Here is something you might find interesting (or not). I posted it here in the past and probably removed it from my normal utility website due to lack of free webspace. I've now squirrelled it away in a seldom-used chunk of free cyberspace that I have (as well as the originals in my file cabinet).

"3 Scrooges"? Auntie Bev must've been fixing dinner when they were shown on WKBD-TV (channel 50) in Detroit in the afternoon. The year on the letter is '73. She died in '75 of breast cancer. Not only is this a treasure from Larry... it is a treasure from my Aunt Beverly... Enjoy!

James

http://home.comcast.net/~jr-vass/images/3-stooges-letter.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~jr-vass/images/3-stooges-pic.jpg

...to see them direct and be able to enlarge them.
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline porcupinefan87

Ha ha...no not France...Long Island. Home of other people who speak fast. And I even thought that for this I was rather slow! hehehe.  :o  ;)

And I basically get the "RPM" reference. I'm quite retro and really belong in another generation haha.

Yes, there was a thunderstorm while I did it. I noticed how you can hear it in the background.

Yeah, what can I say, Larry is great.  :D

Oooo those things are awesome! I love seeing old letters and memorabilia and such.

"Roses are red, and how do you do? Drink four of these and...woob woob woob woob!" - Curly, 'No Census, No Feeling'
------------
------------
"Even the comedians that make you laugh the hardest, have tragedies in their lives.  Laughter is all we have against the pain of life and death." - Larry Fine

Offline jrvass

• Birdbrain
They look nasty just because they are 30+ years old. The letter I kept in my photography darkroom when I was a teenager and stupid. The picture I used to hang in the darkroom, at college, at work. I finally retired it to the filing cabinet.

I'm still stupid! Like shoving a 500mg antibiotic in my mouth for Kitten Scratch Fever... then realizing I had nothing to wash it down with. Damn!  :P

James

Offline jrvass

• Birdbrain
I re-watched your video. It made me want to go pee again. If anyone else posts an intelligent reponse to your video, let us know (and let me know if it is raining so I can go to the "little computer programmer's room" first!)

A Fun Fact to know & tell for Shemps#1 (since he is a fan), from the book "101 Best Baseball Announcers", Ernie Harwell was describing how he was announcing in Brooklyn in the late 50's. They didn't have a bathroom in the press box and had to pee in styrofoam cups and set them on the floor.

Somebody burst into the press box late in the game and knocked over the cups, spilling them onto the floor and fans in the lower deck who complained to the ushers of people in the upper deck spilling "beer" on them!

Ernie told the ushers it wouldn't happen again that day if the ushers didn't let the secret out!

It takes talent, a gift of "gab", to be a Hall of Fame broadcaster!

:D

James

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
LOL!  I knew that you had to be from Long Island, Angela!  Although I have lived in Michigan for many years, I was born on Long Island (in Freeport), and I recognized that accent immediately.  I lived in Baldwin and Levittown when I was a little kid, before we moved to Connecticut in 1960 and then to Michigan in '65.

It was great actually seeing a member of this site for once, and I loved your complete enthusiasm for Larry!  It was really infectious.   ;D

I don't know if I can honestly say that I have an all-time favorite Stooge anymore.  When I was a kid I loved Curly, of course (and still do), but as an adult I came to appreciate the others more, especially Shemp.  And naturally, the Stooges wouldn't be the Stooges without Moe and Larry.  I love them all!

The two Joes basically leave me flat.  Besser was pretty funny outside of the Stooges, and my opinion of him has definitely improved over the past few years.  Still, the scripts themselves were pretty lame by then, and the already cheap productions were getting even cheesier, so I don't care for most of them.  (I'll still buy them in the complete set, though.)   ;)

By the way, I got a big kick out of your reference to Larry's "Let's pluck 'im, and see if he's ripe!" line from Men in Black.  Larry's performance is one of the reasons why that episode is always in my top ten.  My other favorite scene in that is when Curly and Moe are arguing over by the PA board, and Larry is coming up behind the nurse at the desk.  That insane look on his face as he leers over the nurse is priceless!    [rotfl]

Anyway, kudos on an excellent - and enthusiastic - display of support for the Stooges, and for helping prove that women do love the boys every bit as much as guys do.

How about the rest of you chowderheads?  How about putting up your video response to the questions, and post a link here to let us all know!   ;D

Offline porcupinefan87

Haha....yeah, it shows eh?  ;)

Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Yeah that bit in "Men In Black" is so funny...when he trying to be all flirty flirty with the nurse. As a kid, I remember thinking it demented looking haha. Now I think it's still demented, but in a funny way. You can tell she's backing away from him hahaha. "Men In Black" is such a great short. Larry has a certain essence in the really early ones...though he always remains the lovably insane one all throughout their career.

------------
------------

Offline nyukster

Porcupinefan you are really just too cool!  I really enjoyed reading your post.  Until I went to a couple of fan club meetings in Ft. Washington, Pa. I thought my wife and two twenty-something daughters were the only females who like the Stooges.  And then, they didn't have much choice with me around!  When I was a young teenager, I exchanged letters with Moe.  I maintained a continuous correspondence with him up until his death when I was in my early 20's.  I have dozens of hand-written personal letters, notes, and autographed photos from him in my collection.  I just have to figure out how to equitably divide it among my two girls when I go to the big Stoogefest in the sky.  Here's hoping you venture down Philly way next April for the meeting....I know we'd all like to meet up with you and swap some Stooge tales!

Offline archiezappa

When I was a young teenager, I exchanged letters with Moe.  I maintained a continuous correspondence with him up until his death when I was in my early 20's.  I have dozens of hand-written personal letters, notes, and autographed photos from him in my collection. 
That's absolutely awesome that you have actual handwritten letters from Moe!  I was too young.  In fact, Moe and Larry died just a few months before I was born.  I'm happy for you.  I'll bet you've got some excellent Stooge stories.

Offline porcupinefan87

Thanks a lot, nyukster!

That's awesome that you and Moe exchanged letters and such. I've seen on various sites some copies of letters that he'd write and it seems he didn't just write one sentence type notes...looked like he wrote a great deal...which is GOOD! Moe was cool.

I'd deff. love to go and check that out in the near future. I'm sure it'd be a fun time. I really want to go there and check out the Jon's Bar and Grille place with the Larry Fine mural as well.

Oh yes, women stooge fans exist...just perhaps not in massive quantities haha! But my long-running ramblings and loud mouth may make up for the difference hehehe.... ;)
------------
------------

Offline Justin T

nice to see you on video Angela!

Your response was awesome, great job!

"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"