Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Supporting Player Tournament-The Championship Matchup

Offline garystooge

Well folks, we're comin' down the home stretch.  For those of you who have not voted in prior rounds, this is your last chance to join in on the fun.  Vote for either:

VERNON DENT
     or
EMIL SITKA

The last one standing on Monday morning will be crowned champion and will earn the right to take on K.O. Stradivarius in a pay-per-view event later this year

Offline Justin T

*Phew* This is really hard to pick between the two of them. I love both of these guys and
all the work they did with the Stooges over many years. I love Emil alot, but Vernon not
only played straight characters, but goofy ones and even the occasional villian. Emil
was great either playing it straight of being goofy but he never did any major villian
work like Vernon did. Based on that, my vote goes to....

VERNON DENT.

I'll be happy if either man wins.

"The last one standing on Monday morning will be crowned champion and will earn the right to take on K.O. Stradivarius in a pay-per-view event later this year"

LOL gary, that's great.

And great job with the tournament too. It was alot of fun and sometimes very challenging. Good work!
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
Justin & Thump the Shoes...

...hold hands you two lovebirds...

...I'm writing in Dudley Dickerson. Don't violate my civil rights or disenfranchise me! Jesse & Al are already getting "busy".

And Dudley will win by write in because "shot density is the name of the game"!

http://216.140.44.191/compareoriginal-1.wmv

:D

James

PS. OK. Vernon Dent... Thanks to Garystooge for his hard work!
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline JazzBill

This is easy. (for me) I'll take the old war horse from the Mack Sennett days.
  VERNON DENT           Good job Gary 
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Waldo Twitchell

Vernon Dent

He was with the Stooges throughout most of their golden years at Columbia - that's why I chose him over Emil.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Sitka, just to make it closer.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Well folks, we're comin' down the home stretch.  For those of you who have not voted in prior rounds, this is your last chance to join in on the fun.  Vote for either:

VERNON DENT
     or
EMIL SITKA

Emil Sitka

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
Sitka, just to make it closer.

You are still alive! This may earn me some smites...

The Tigers swept the BoSox, The Tigers swept the BoSox, The Tigers swept the BoSox, nyaah, nyaah, NYAAH!!!

>:D

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline JazzBill

...hold hands you two lovebirds...

Sitka never said that. (I know I'm nit-picking, but thats what you get for bragging.)  >:D
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
You are still alive! This may earn me some smites...

The Tigers swept the BoSox, The Tigers swept the BoSox, The Tigers swept the BoSox, nyaah, nyaah, NYAAH!!!

>:D

James

Well the Red Sox have a nice comfy 10 game lead while the Tigers could end up with the Wild Card this year or even out of the postseason. Nyaah nyaah NYAAH!!!  >:D

I'd wait until October before I bragged if I were you, you may well be looking at a June sweep of the Red Sox as a highlight of a disappointing season.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline garystooge

Voting in this round will end at 10AM tomorrow morning. With 95% of the precincts reporting, this one is still too close to call.

Offline garystooge

After counting all the votes from Cook County, the hanging chads and the absentee ballots, Vernon Dent has defeated Emil Sitka 5-4 and has been declared champion of the 2007 Supporting Player Tournament. Of course, in the event that Dent cannot serve in his capacity for any reason (like if nude photos of him turn up and a scandal is created), then Sitka will serve in his place. The results here mirror what happened in the same tournament which was held at Stoogeworld a few years back (although Dent won much more handily over there).

Thanks to everyone for their participation in this event. The seeding committee takes great pride in the fact that there were 63 total matchups during the tournament and only 6 produced upsets.The committee is considering the possibility of making this an annual event...stay tuned.
Gary