Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Sony updates schedule and...

Offline falsealarms

ThumpTheShoes

Sony Pictures also tends to wait 'till about a month before certain releases to send out a press release. Looks like its gonna be a waiting game.

Why drag things out? I hate waiting.

-Th                (wait for it!)                   ump

Offline busybuddy

Remeber all the times they postponed the Three Stooges 75th Anniversary Specialon NBC? And how long we've been hearing about a new Stooge movie and now Wickipedia says we'll have to wait until '09? I know neither of these have anything to do with Sony, but I bet Aboot and Costello fans don't have to go through this much torment!
I think Birdie will go for that!

ThumpTheShoes

And how long we've been hearing about a new Stooge movie and now Wickipedia says we'll have to wait until '09?

I thought that picture was dead in the water a long, long time ago. Wishful thinkin'? That's one I could do without. Hell, I still shudder to think of Michael Chiklis' alleged portrayal of Curly in that Film about the Stooges. Did people really think he was good? He couldn't even do the finger snaps thing!

[sick]

Offline busybuddy

I said Wickipedia but I meant IMDb. If you search Bobby Farrelly, look under his filmogaphy as a director and it says Three Stooges(2009, preproduction). So I guess their still trying.

ThumpTheShoes

I guess you can't always trust IMDB... I hope! If, if, if it gets made it'll make Stoogemania look like Casablanca!

If, if, if there really is good in the world it'll never happen.

Curley91

I hope they will come out as scheduled. 

However, I still have a pretty good feeling.  I went to Borders on Saturday night, and checked the Title Sleuth. According to that, the box sets are still scheduled to make their debut on September 18. 

Offline Justin T

I'm not worried either. Amazon wouldn't list it and offer pre-orders for the set if they weren't sure it
was coming out. I won't be suprised when Sony/Columbia makes an official announcement within the
next couple of weeks.
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline busybuddy

Are they re-releasing the features too? moviesunlimited.com has Stop Look and Laugh plus all of the features except Have Rocket will Travel with a pre-order button and lists a release date of 9/11/07.

Offline ProfessorStooge

I wonder why Have Rocket - Will Travel was not released on DVD when Columbia Tristar put out their DVD series back in 2001. The other Curly-Joe features had a DVD release except this one. Hope a DVD of it comes out.