Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Disturbing Moe item on ebay

Offline JazzBill

Judging by the bidding it looks like people are smart enough to realize this is " depicting the death face ", and not the real thing. I wonder if C3 Entertainment will go after someone for copyright infringment, if they get wind of this ? I hear they are like pit-bulls when it comes to people using the likeness of the Stooges without their permission.  :police:
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

xraffle

ThumpTheShoes

Well, it's not as disturbing as my new, Angry Moe avatar!  Aaaarrgghhh!

-ThumpTheShoes

xraffle

Well, it's not as disturbing as my new, Angry Moe avatar!  Aaaarrgghhh!

-ThumpTheShoes

Yikes!! That is disturbing.

Offline JazzBill

Look for yourselves

It's over 100 bucks now too.
It sold for $127.52 .
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline busybuddy

I saw this the other day and thought it was really innapropriate. But it could have been worse, they could have used Shemp's face!
I think Birdie will go for that!

Offline donhinklejr

Stranger than actually selling it, someone actually bought the damned gruesome thing!

To quote George Carlin, "nail two things that have never been nailed together before and some schmuck will buy it!"  (Only on eBay my friends!!!)

--Don

Offline kinderscenen

I'm sure most of us are familiar with the last picture of Moe in his autobiography, or the picture of Moe's last interview that was aired after his death (on NBC, I think).  I do not think that this "death mask" looks ANYTHING like those pictures.  This mask looks old, and not ravaged by cancer.  If anything, you'd think the guy would've looked for those pictures and fashioned it based on those.  Not that it's not weird, but looks nothing like the photos mentioned above.
Larry: They’ll hang us for this!
Moe: I know! Let’s cremate him!
Larry: Can’t do that--we ain’t got no cream!

Offline absolutpaul2

What's odd is that it is in unbaked clay. You'd have to keep it cool all the time or it would melt!

Offline Jayne1955

I wasn't here when all of this started, but I must say it amazes me the things that people would rather have than money.