Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Three Stooges Journal # 122

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
The Three Stooges Journal # 122 (Summer 2007) is published. Click on the link for a detailed index of contents, and subscription info.

Highlights of this issue include photos and stories from the 2007 Fan Club Meeting, another Stooge film location found in L.A., more unfilmed script material... and the discovery and public premiere of color(!) 1940s behind-the-scenes footage of Moe, Larry & Curly at work on the Columbia lot.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 12:47:30 AM by BeAStooge »

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Cool!  That means my copy will probably be waiting for me when I get home tonight!    8)

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I was right - my copy of the Journal was laying on the table next to my recliner when I got home last night! 

Gary - I definitely like the switch to glossy paper.  It gives the Journal a nice, clean and professional look, and I think the pictures in the issue look better, too.  If it doesn't raise your costs any, I vote for keeping it that way.

And btw - Brent, many thanks for sharing that unfilmed Stooges script!  (Since I can picture the scenes in my head, it's like "watching" a previously undiscovered Three Stooges short.  How sweet is that?)   ;D

ThumpTheShoes

Another vote, here, for glossy pages. The photos really stand out with great detail, there's less bleed-through from one side of the page to the next, and the whole thing "flops" better when I'm reading through it!

Nice job!

-ThumpTheShoes

Offline garystooge

Thanks for the input on the glossy paper guys.  I personally like it better myself, but I'm still waiting to get more feedback from others. There are also unresolved issues (like cost) that will factor into the long-term decision about whether to stick with it or not.
Gary

Offline Robbie883

The glossy paper also has my vote, it is definately a step forward for the journal in my opinion. Also I enjoyed the article about the cartoon series. It was interesting to learn the talent behind the whole series, even though I am not a huge fan of the cartoons. Overall, great issue!