Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Interesting Juxtaposition

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Here are two comments I found made by widdle-ole-me on two different disscussion boards - the first is from a nitpicker's site that I often frequent, and the topic was the movie It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.

The second comment is from our own beloved ThreeeStooges.net fan comments for the same movie ... the interesting thing to note here is the close proximity of the dates at which they were posted, AND the total turn around of my "love" for this film ... you decide if I'm an ignorant turd or a converted Paul on the road to Damascus:

(from the Nitpicker's site nitcentral.com)
By Derf on Thursday, April 05, 2001 - 11:18 pm:
Not having seen this movie in a coon's age, I can only say that for all the posts, there is NO mention of the cameo appearance of The Three Stooges. They must have had a very minor role in the scenes they appeared in ... OR ... their performance was SO dull as to be totally forgettable. I will not deliberate either way, because after Moe, Larry and Joe, the Three Stooges was just a re-mix of the same hash. (How many times can you laugh at a fat-guy/fluffy-haired dim-wit being conked by a mean, over-bearing idiot?)

(from ThreeStooges.net fan comments board)
Re: IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD
Posted by: Giff me dat fill-em! - Nov 27, 2001 09:51 am

This film is significant for Stooge fans not for the lack of screen time, slapstick or sight gags by the Stooges, but that they ARE the sight gag. I think that's why the boys agreed to a cameo appearance, they became a parody of themselves.

Speaking of slapstick, Milton Berle delivers a beautifully performed "eye-poke" to Terry Thomas in the silly fight scene after Thomas' car overturns.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Justin T

Nah, there have been times where I watched a movie and didn't really care for it the first time I
watched it. Then I watched it again later and I find things in it I do like and my opinon changes.
It doesn't happen all the time but it does. One of my examples would be Dr.Strangelove.
I saw it once when I was a teenager and didnt care for it. Then years later when I was college I
watched it again as part of one of my classes and I found it was alot more hilarious then I remembered.
By then I better understood the humor that Kubrick was trying to get across, along with the historical
context and that made me apprecaite it more. Now it's part of my DVD library. The same thing happend
to me with Cassablanca, Blade Runner and several Alfred Hitchcock movies (I became a big fan
of most of his movies over time.) all of which I now proudly have in my movie collection.

Heck there are movies I liked the first time, then after watching them a few more times I change
my mind, pick them apart and become ambivilent to them.

Sometimes you get older, a bit wiser, or your viewpoints or tastes just change and thus your feelings about certain
movies will change because of them.

So Nah, I don't think your ignorant. You hadnt seen it in a long time and didnt have fond memories of it, but
when you saw it again you found something to like about it. Its definatly a change that you don't have to fell embarrased about.
- Justin
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
WOW ... thanks Justin T.! (I would have settled for being an ignorant turd)
 :P :o ::) ;D :D

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
WOW ... thanks Justin T.! (I would have settled for being an ignorant turd)
 :P :o ::) ;D :D

Giff...

I am always happy to oblige. The cat creates turds daily. I have an overabundance of turds. I still have your address somewhere, so I will send you all of them since I cannot distinguish between ignorant turds and sophisticated turds. I'll let you sort them out!

:D  >:D  :D

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
There are ALWAYS grrreeaaat nyuks to be had from our buddy, jrvass!!!
(you WERE kidding, eh? If I find a sack full 'o cat turds in my mailbox ... well ... if you spent the dough sending them here, then I guess it's my obligatory responsibility to distinguish ignorant turds from sophisticated turds for your general edification ... since you don't seem to know one turd from another [in a freudian sense, that is])

Hey! Am I GOOFY, or what??!! I'm applying Freudian logic and (oddly enough) common sense to goad our buddy jrvass to send me his sack full 'o cat turds - what a TURD I am!!!

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
Giff,

I just found that it is cheaper to order turds that are local to you (saves on shipping across the country). In fact, they can be delivered to your front door in a flaming paper bag!

Turde Flambe!  :D

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!