Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Can anybody help me, with my website?

Offline Robbie883

I recently was interested in creating my own website, with a buddy of mine. However we are running on almost no knowlage of creating a website. I just had a few questions:

How do you make custom templates for your website?
Is there any software I should look into?

Here is the link to my site, if you have any tips or pointers I would love to hear them. I hope I can find some help. Thanks.

http://elitecouchpotatoes.com/

Right now it is so plain, and I'm stuck..I dont know what to do next.

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
MS FrontPage?

I'm not sure what you mean by a template. Normally you set up skeleton page, then keep copying that and changing the name that you "save as". It is something that you will want to diddle with, with a graphics and such. Maybe you mean a "shell"? The inner page changes with the user clicks, but the outer graphics remain the same? I don't remember offhand, Rob would.

Another idea is to go to a website you like and do a view->source and swipe their code and tweak it for your site.

A tip... don't use "harsh" colors like dark blue on black. Pink & lime green, etc. I am color-blind for certain colors, and just give up on trying to read weird-colored websites. It's bad enough that I have to go cross-eyed trying to read some ho's screen at work that is in some fucked-up color (if I can), I don't bother if I am reading for pleasure at home.

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
If you have a server that supports PHP and MySQL (most do, these days), I highly recommend using Joomla!, a content management system that makes it easy to build and maintain a website, and it's very customizable..

Offline Robbie883

Thanks for the tips guys, sorry it took me so long to respond. I've been really busy with other stuff lately. I hope I can take some of your suggestions and put them to use.