Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Dope on "The Chairman" (Iron Chef America)

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Beginning in January 2005, Mark Dacascos has portrayed "the Chairman" on Food Network's Iron Chef America. This role was previously played by Takeshi Kaga in the original Japanese Iron Chef. IMDb previously incorrectly stated that Takeshi Kaga is his uncle on his mother's side. This likely stems from confusion over Dacascos playing the character of the nephew of "Chairman Kaga" in Iron Chef America. The misunderstanding most likely arose due to the fact that "Chairman Kaga" himself is a fictional character, and hence the stated relationship is actually between the two fictional characters. IMDb has since amended their information to correct this inaccuracy. (source, wikipedia)

I really didn't give a crap about this, but tonight my cable station aired the movie Double Dragon (1994) starring Robert Patrick (the Terminator in Terminator 2), and Mark Dacascos, among others. I thought I would try to track down his heritage on the internet, and came up with the above. He was actually born in Honolulu 1964. (making him 43 years old). Here's a few pics.

[attachment deleted by admin]
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
 Yeah ... it makes me wonder if there even exists a "Gourmet Academy" that the fictional Chairman Kaga is the chair of, AND I suppose it explains why this "Chairman" spent his family fortune building Kitchen Stadium ...
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.