Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Bug That Changed the World

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
I spend my 30 minute lunch at work outdoors in a nearby copse of trees sitting on a fallen log. Here in merry-old pre-spring, I sit down ready to enjoy nature. Almost immediately I notice a small bee hovering about three and a half feet above the ground, and about 12 to 15 feet away from me. It has the appearance of a honey bee, although it could be any number of similar insects. I watch as the little critter steadies itself against the breeze, and notice that several minutes have past. The little bug is still just hovering there, even though there are several bushes and scrubs very nearby for it to light upon. Even when another of its species flies up and, for lack of a better word, “strafes” it, the little bug returns to its original hovering position and takes up its tiny vigil once again. When my lunch break is over, I leave the little guy behind mentally wishing him good luck. For all I know, the little bug is STILL out there hovering away.
   I spend the rest of the day wondering why a creature would engage in such an activity with no apparent reason for it. Why would a benevolent Creator make a creature whose only activity is hovering above the ground? Did this God have an over-abundance of energy in its Creation, and was employing the little guy to help dissipate it? Perhaps it was waiting for a specific tree bud to bloom so it would be first on line to reap its nectar. Maybe it was obeying the Creator’s wishes by hovering there so it would rain in New York City that day. (chaos theory, ya’ know) Perhaps it was a traffic cop, and that was why the other bee strafed it, so it would know that was the spot to turn left back to the hive.

Perhaps it was sign that I was to found a new order, and to bring peace and harmony finally to a ravaged and destitute world, and to rule with absolute fairness, so that all would come to love and adore me …

..... naaah.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.