Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

"Extreme Rarities" & other New colorized Stooge DVDs

Offline Larry Larry

There are new Stooge DVDs (from a studio called Legend) with what appears to be alot of "rare" material.  And it's all colorized.  :-\

Three Stooges - "Extreme Rarities"
Three Stooges - "Greatest Routines"
Three Stooges - "Swing Parade"

Bonus stuff says "Interview with Larry Fine", "Interview with Joe Besser", "Three Stooges Arthritis Commercial" & much more stuff I've never heard of.  The "Greatest Routines" DVD looks like it is 35 back-to-back live intros to the cartoons w/ Curly Joe.

I can't stand colorized crap, but this rare stuff has me curious.   

Anyone familar with these new DVDs?  Are they worth it?  Any online reviews?  Is this stuff available elsewhere?  Or is it just more re-packaged public domain stuff that someone colorized?
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
There are new Stooge DVDs (from a studio called Legend) with what appears to be alot of "rare" material.  And it's all colorized.  :-\

Three Stooges - "Extreme Rarities"
Three Stooges - "Greatest Routines"
Three Stooges - "Swing Parade"

Anyone familar with these new DVDs? 

See the existing 1/5/07 topic in the "Events and TV" forum for all the details, and Legend's press release...
http://threestooges.net/forums/index.php?topic=1541.0

Offline Larry Larry

BeAStooge, thanks for the quick reply & link to the other thread.   (I tried a quick search, but must not have selected the best terms).

These sets look really nice w/ a great price.  I'll pick them up.  Makes you wonder why Sony can't do a decent job w/ bonus material on their sets of the real films (which are horrendously overpriced).
These pretzels are making me thirsty!