Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Rare Interviews DVD

Offline falsealarms

Fan club member Trent Reeve (stoogestats-at-yahoo.com) has gotten his hands on an amazing collection of rare TV interviews with the Stooges. Last I knew, he was making copies and was selling them for 8 dollars. He takes PayPal too. I've ordered mine... this seems like a priceless little collection.

It has the 3 usual Moe on Mike Douglas segments, a 30 minute B&W Larry interview filmed at the Motion Picture Country Home, a 30
minute interview with Curly Joe DeRita at age 78, and a NBC television clip with Moe Howard and Joe Besser interview footage.

I could be wrong, but that NBC piece (which didn't air until 1976) may have been Moe's last interview/TV appearance. It was filmed a few weeks before he died.

Some screen caps -

http://www.stoogeswanted.com/ttsri.htm

What is that thing Besser is wearing? Looks like what they put on you for xrays at the dentist.

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Its a pull-over sleeveless sweater.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline 2reelers

We (screengems59) sold that dvd to Trent on ebay, and compiled that disc originally from various video sources (We actually got that Larry Fine interview from Trent a few years ago on ebay when he was selling it alone). There is additional footage on Moe's 2nd Mike Douglas appearance, as it's the entire program (and W.C. Fields grandson offers some entertaining stories about "The Great One").

Of all the interviews on that disc, the Curly-Joe one fascinates me most. I have no clue of that video's original source, or who the interviewer is. We got that copy back in the mid-90's.

It's a fun disc. I wish more of that stuff existed. Hope you enjoy it.

Greg
www.theshortsdepartment.bravehost.com

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Of all the interviews on that disc, the Curly-Joe one fascinates me most. I have no clue of that video's original source, or who the interviewer is. We got that copy back in the mid-90's.

The DeRita interview is with a producer from San Francisco's channel 7. In 1988, some brief clips from it were used for a 5-part news featurette on the enduring popularity of the Stooges. Copies of this full interview have been around since 1989.

Offline falsealarms

The DeRita interview is with a producer from San Francisco's channel 7. In 1988, some brief clips from it were used for a 5-part news featurette on the enduring popularity of the Stooges. Copies of this full interview have been around since 1989.

Really? Surprising to me because I've never heard of it, or seen it referenced in any Stooges book I know. Then again, I was only 3/4 in 1989, so there's probably a lot of things I haven't heard of  ;D